Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Just came home to my copy of the Strokes release, of course there's corner bends and a giant seam split on the top, every fucking record I've order from them has had some corner bends and I'm kinda whatever on it, but jesus, a seam split? They need to better ship their fucken records, thankfully the vinyl is okay, which at the end of the day is what matters, but my OCD is gonna kill me with how fucked up this cover looks. I'm done with Newbury, fuck them and their overpriced bullshit releases.

NC has the worst packaging I've come across. I used to preorder the LPs online through their site, in fear that the would sellout before hitting the shelves. Only to have them arrive in padded shipping bags, or just thrown in a mailer. Complete with seam splits etc. I preordered a 200gm Hendrix and you don't even want to to k ow what that jacket looked like when it arrived. It was like one large seam split.

Now I just wait 'til release day and head down to my local NC and grab one off the shelf. I realize its not a solution for everyone, but for those who have a local shop, just wait it out and grab it in store. You may even get lucky and catch a 25% off vinyl sale.

21 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Just came home to my copy of the Strokes release, of course there's corner bends and a giant seam split on the top, every fucking record I've order from them has had some corner bends and I'm kinda whatever on it, but jesus, a seam split? They need to better ship their fucken records, thankfully the vinyl is okay, which at the end of the day is what matters, but my OCD is gonna kill me with how fucked up this cover looks. I'm done with Newbury, fuck them and their overpriced bullshit releases.

I received mine today and had the same issues.