Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this left to a 20%-25% sale in-store for the holiday weekend. Looking forward to that!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I've been away at school during the last few in-store sales so there's a few exclusives I've been planning on picking up for a while.

1 hour ago, psus2h said:

I have to say.... NC is really  pulling ahead of UO and HT with these exclusives.  I feel like ever since Travis left HT their exclusive's have significantly dropped off. 

Yeah, you can argue about their pricing model and the need for some of the things they choose to release, but no one has as nice a "retailer exclusive" thing going as Newbury Comics. 

47 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Yeah, you can argue about their pricing model and the need for some of the things they choose to release, but no one has as nice a "retailer exclusive" thing going as Newbury Comics. 

Not for me. UO is killing it with their selections plus their exclusives match normal retail prices. And I can go to my local shop and get a copy instead of paying the shipping costs. And they also run promos on occasion. I haven't felt compelled to grab a NC exclusive in a long while but I keep checking back.

13 minutes ago, ethereal said:

this is a stretch

Whatever you say. Just stated my opinion that UO is doing a much better job than HT and NC with "retailer exclusives." We all have different tastes in music and it just so happens that UO has been having more exclusives for albums I've been anticipating this year. Sorry you can't say the same. Yes they have exclusives on artists that are easy to mock like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, but if you actually scroll down past those there are plenty of other artists that are getting presses/exposure that other retailers aren't supporting. I've picked up several albums from them this year. Hell, I've bought 3 in the last week alone.

31 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

Bought the Avenged Sevenfold releases. That LABORDAY code really helped out this time. Newbury Comics and their shipping prices can be insane.

Yeah, saw that $7 or $8 and thought maybe I can add in another record to break $75 for free shipping, then decided it wasn't worth it and committed to just the two releases.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Sooo expensive compared to standard, but the limited Milan version went super fast. Wish this was up yesterday when the 20% off was active; would make the decision easier

Just now, Darnoc said:

Sooo expensive compared to standard, but the limited Milan version went super fast. Wish this was up yesterday when the 20% off was active; would make the decision easier

Yeah they always drop a "big" release the day after a coupon. They did it the last time with The Strokes I think, and once again since that.

I have a red/clear preordered and will stick with that copy.