Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

You think a black smoke record generally looks all black most of the time? 

*has one clear w/ black smoke variant that came out darker than normal*

"Ah they all look like that most of the time my pool of data is vast."

 

Lol I'd agree with swamp green maybe.

Edited by Sunshine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sunshine said:

*has one clear w/ black smoke variant that came out darker than normal*

"Ah they all look like that most of the time my pool of data is vast."

 

Lol I'd agree with swamp green maybe

Where'd you get these quotes from?  Why is your perception of color "lol" worthy to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK, any black smoke records I have look like clear with black smoke and look nothing close to a standard black. 

 

That being said, I’ve read the new Waits reissues just sound OK and that original pressings are superior. So I’m passing on this. Maybe if they do a Real Gone with the new mix, I’d get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^

Seen you “flipping out” ;) on others similarily

so you might want to step away from the keyboard, take a walk, find more hobbies.

 

And I apologize for even suggesting my opinion that a black smoke record might possibly look solid black or close to, even if it’s on a black slipmat on a turntable.  I am so misguided and have no idea about records or the spectrum of colours.

 

Have a a great day ppl!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freedumb said:

^^^

Seen you “flipping out” ;) on others similarily

so you might want to step away from the keyboard, take a walk, find more hobbies.

 

And I apologize for even suggesting my opinion that a black smoke record might possibly look solid black or close to, even if it’s on a black slipmat on a turntable.  I am so misguided and have no idea about records or the spectrum of colours.

 

Have a a great day ppl!  

I've never used a keyboard on here tbh it's a phone forum for me. But really it's ok if you feel the need to lash out after I apologized; it really is difficult comprehending the tone of one's posts if you lack higher cognitive function. So with that I apologize for assuming so much. It won't happen again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:24 AM, swazzyswess said:

..... aaaaaaanyway... ;)

Anyone got shipping confirmation on the Zappa LPs yet? I emailed Newbury about non-preorder LPs I ordered along with Hot Rats, and last Wednesday they said the Zappas would be ready to ship this week.

 

I'll do a rare self-response: just got an email from Newbury saying the Hot Rats LPs were defective and they need to be repressed, so all orders are being cancelled. Bummer :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Disco 2000 said:

Songs-wise it’s probably my favorite musical. I always look for this used whenever I visit a shop to no avail, so I figured what the hell, it’s brand new and looks nice. 

I have seen this record in $1 bins/thrift shops/goodwill/garage sales at least 30 times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, swazzyswess said:

I'll do a rare self-response: just got an email from Newbury saying the Hot Rats LPs were defective and they need to be repressed, so all orders are being cancelled. Bummer :(

I was wondering what happened, I went to a Newbury the other day to get one and there was none, and it was off the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×