Solid State just put up the Norma Jean Boxset for $125 - 1 copy

brianmorgante

Which is terrible!  This is the less rare variant too...  In case anyone here is waffling on it, it sounds like shit and it's a flimsy package.

I just talked to the guy that works for the company that put this up for them - it's still sealed and they're not allowed to open it, so they have no idea if it's "set a" or "set b", but they put a pic of of the set b split colors.  Solid State has no rhyme or reason to what they do, I swear, haha.

I grew up loving SS and T&N for the bands they signed. Now they suck. I can't believe how shameless they are about marking up these oop records.

I kind of wanted this for a while but I only hear bad things about the quality. Such a shame. Redeemer is one of Norma Jean's stand out records to me. 

Any opinions on "The Anti Mother"? It was pressed by the same people. Interested in getting a copy but if the boxset was lousy maybe TAM isn't worth it either.

It was better for sure, not noticeably bad anyway.  But I haven't listened to it since I upgraded my deck, so I could be off base...

Any opinions on "The Anti Mother"? It was pressed by the same people. Interested in getting a copy but if the boxset was lousy maybe TAM isn't worth it either.

I wasn't really impressed with it's sound but It wasn't terrible. Then again, I wasn't a fan of the production on the album anyways so it's hard to judge. Quite a few songs on the album that I really liked though. Meridional and Wrongdoers sound awesome on vinyl. I wish the others had been handled the same. 

It was better for sure, not noticeably bad anyway.  But I haven't listened to it since I upgraded my deck, so I could be off base...

I wasn't really impressed with it's sound but It wasn't terrible. Then again, I wasn't a fan of the production on the album anyways so it's hard to judge. Quite a few songs on the album that I really liked though. Meridional and Wrongdoers sound awesome on vinyl. I wish the others had been handled the same. 

Thanks for the info, might still pick it up then. Definitely agree on Wrongdoers, recently spun that and blew my mind! I guess Razor & Tie does better vinyl pressing.