PO - Karnivool Discography - 26/12/2014 - 24Hundred

piky0032

I PO these too, if they are mastered by Don Bartley they are going to be brilliant. Don is a bit of a legend in Oz.

The sister bands to the Vool is the Birds of Tokyo. It would be true to say in Oz that BOT is way more known than Vool. I probably put BOT ahead of Vool so if you're a fan then chckout BOT, they too had a vinyl reissue program going and I think some albums are still available :wub:

Karnivvol are more nu metal/alt than BOT but Ian Kenny's brilliance really shines through. I guess BOT are a little less experiemental but they are fantastsic, here's a taster

Murmurs (killer chorus!)

The Gap, a beautiful tune

Circles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vby84W0PU6kdy

What remains of the vinyl is here, start with Universes:

http://musicplug.com.au/shop/birds-of-tokyo/

I gelled with 2 songs on March Fires. White Leaves, which could be my all time favourite Birds song, and Sirin. Apart from that, it was... super shit. 

Its funny watching the banter between the band (who are sticking up for their 'change in musical direction') and the fans (who are saying that the band wouldnt be where they are without their unwavering support), who really aren't gelling with the new Anchors EP. Good to see the band sticking up for themselves, but unfortunately i have to agree with the general consensus being they've sold out :(

Still, its pretty funny! Go check out the comments on their facebook posts about the Anchor EP  :lol:

I gelled with 2 songs on March Fires. White Leaves, which could be my all time favourite Birds song, and Sirin. Apart from that, it was... super shit. 

Its funny watching the banter between the band (who are sticking up for their 'change in musical direction') and the fans (who are saying that the band wouldnt be where they are without their unwavering support), who really aren't gelling with the new Anchors EP. Good to see the band sticking up for themselves, but unfortunately i have to agree with the general consensus being they've sold out :(

Still, its pretty funny! Go check out the comments on their facebook posts about the Anchor EP  :lol:

Just listened to Anchor. Its pretty boring middle of the road stuff, seems like a contiunation of the slide into biege they stared with March Fires. Shame becuase I love their early albums. How the hell does Ian keep up the goodness of Karnivool while BOT turns to lameness....

The first song I ever heard by Karnivool was Goliath, and I think I ordered the CD before even finishing it. The vocals are really good, but they were just icing on the cake for me. That song had me foaming at the mouth during the first few listens. Like, how the hell do you groove so hard in these time signatures?! So none of the Birds... songs posted here really did much for me, but I'm all about those rhythms. 

I decided to check my mail today and bam: a box from Australia. I really don't know how many other albums I that would willing and deliberately wait 7 months for and not even complain.

Got mine. 2 out of 3 in unplayable condition...and of course those two being Sound Awake and Themata. Woo-fcking-hoo!

The tone of the next message that I'll be posting to this topic is totally now in the hands of 24Hundred.

That being said, is everyone's labels on Themata all ok? Seen a few people posting how their copies have labels for Asymmetry or Sound Awake.

Also interesting that Themata sold less copies than Asymmetry. No surprise Sound Awake being the most popular one.

• 7 months later...

Got mine. 2 out of 3 in unplayable condition...and of course those two being Sound Awake and Themata. Woo-fcking-hoo!

The tone of the next message that I'll be posting to this topic is totally now in the hands of 24Hundred.

That being said, is everyone's labels on Themata all ok? Seen a few people posting how their copies have labels for Asymmetry or Sound Awake.

Also interesting that Themata sold less copies than Asymmetry. No surprise Sound Awake being the most popular one.

What happened with your records? Got new ones?

And where did you Find the pressing #s?

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, The Vool said:

I love this band so much! Sound Awake is probably my favorite album ever!

The new song is a freaking mix of Themata and Asymmetry...I really hope there'll be the progressiveness of SA on the album as well

If it weren't for Silverchairs Diorama, I reckon I’d say that Sound Awake is the greatest album by an Australian artist… ever? As far as prog rock goes it's flawless, and right up there with Tool and APC as far as I'm concerned.

This song sounds promising. Both Themata and Assymetry are hit and miss for me. I have zero faith in Ian Kenny after what Birds of Tokyo have become, so I won't get my hopes up... yet.

On 12/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, beags said:

If it weren't for Silverchairs Diorama, I reckon I’d say that Sound Awake is the greatest album by an Australian artist… ever? As far as prog rock goes it's flawless, and right up there with Tool and APC as far as I'm concerned.

This song sounds promising. Both Themata and Assymetry are hit and miss for me. I have zero faith in Ian Kenny after what Birds of Tokyo have become, so I won't get my hopes up... yet.

Well, not sure what you’re referring to regarding BoT (don’t listen to them), but as far as I’m concerned the writing process is similar to aforementioned tool and apc...I’m pretty sure he „only“ lays down his vocals and that’s it. 

seeing the new track on the Blu-ray, gave me another impression...had rather a Themata-vibe than Asymmetry. Nice concert...although Mark‘s „haircut“ (if this can be called a haircut) is more than questionable 😂😂😂