PO: Hellgoodbye - Hellogoodbye EP 10"

What is your affiliation with Drive Thru?

richard and stefanie used to manage the band I played live for. They know I love vinyl and asked me to help them with the release so I could be involved in creating something cool for other vinyl heads but of course trying to do something cool always backfires when it doesn't go according to plan. this is the first release. there will be more. they will be done properly and when people see the finished product of the hellogoodbye record they won't be waiting around to jump at the next ones. I'm just trying to keep people informed right now instead of waiting around in the dark.

The lateness of this record has nothing to do with why Drive-Thru is a incredibly sketchy and questionable operation that no one should be supporting. It is weird that you most likely know all about this and don't care. 

being involved with richard and stefanie isn't the easiest thing ever because of how people react but they're close friends of mine and i've got their backs 100%... it's a bummer I can't just help release a record without all the shit talking. makes me think twice about getting other stuff pressed but if I don't do it i doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

Let me tell you what's a bummer. That despite how fucked up the owners of Drive Thru are, and with the history of the label, that people are still willing to give them money and help them release records that the artists themselves don't even want to happen. Do you think bands are being compensated properly for these re-issues, or anything, ever? Have you seen their licensing deals they're getting out of these tiny labels who are naive enough to pay them for reissues? That's not even mentioning the insanely bizarre fetish shit that went on behind closed doors that people still don't talk about despite everyone knowing about it.

But you know about it... and you're still choosing to help them chug along because you think it's important for their records to be available on vinyl. That is absurd and reflects on you in an incredibly negative way. 

being involved with richard and stefanie isn't the easiest thing ever because of how people react but they're close friends of mine and i've got their backs 100%... it's a bummer I can't just help release a record without all the shit talking. makes me think twice about getting other stuff pressed but if I don't do it i doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

man, I really feel for you. all you want to do is release a record at all costs. regardless of the ethical and moral objections that are clear to anyone with a fucking brain. you are shit.

Let me tell you what's a bummer. That despite how fucked up the owners of Drive Thru are, and with the history of the label, that people are still willing to give them money and help them release records that the artists themselves don't even want to happen. Do you think bands are being compensated properly for these re-issues, or anything, ever? Have you seen their licensing deals they're getting out of these tiny labels who are naive enough to pay them for reissues? That's not even mentioning the insanely bizarre fetish shit that went on behind closed doors that people still don't talk about despite everyone knowing about it.

But you know about it... and you're still choosing to help them chug along because you think it's important for their records to be available on vinyl. That is absurd and reflects on you in an incredibly negative way. 

I could go on and on and on about this but there's point so I give in. you guys win. Buy the record if you want it, don't support if you don't want to. If you think I'm getting some sort of crazy monetary gain out of this you're also wrong. I just thought it'd be fun to be creative and work on the re-release of one of my favorite EP's. I just came in here to give an update on the release. not looking for a pissing match. 

I mean, shady practices should be plenty. but there are also bands that have come out and talked about weird fetishist shit involving inappropriate touching with bands signed to the label.

also, BUSYFUCKINGGUY needs to understand that he is dirt for looking past this shit just because he wanted to have a record on vinyl. who cares if you are making money on it? that isn't the issue at hand.

I mean, shady practices should be plenty. but there are also bands that have come out and talked about weird fetishist shit involving inappropriate touching with bands signed to the label.

also, BUSYFUCKINGGUY needs to understand that he is dirt for looking past this shit just because he wanted to have a record on vinyl. who cares if you are making money on it? that isn't the issue at hand.

seem like an interesting person... let's hang out next time i'm in reno

people can hate me if they want but i'm a busy fucking guy

Look. The situation here is - you advertised a simple 6 song 10 inch (that was markedly more expensive than most 10 inches) that was conveniently already made years ago. Seven months of wondering 'what the hell is going on with that record' later you announce that test pressings haven't even been approved yet. And when someone makes a disparaging remark, you reply with 'I'm a busy fucking guy.' Zero communication, zero professionalism, zero apologies for the delay gets zero sympathy. I don't care about the 'fetishist' whatever stuff, I don't know what that is and it has nothing to do with the issue at hand, which is a bunch of people gave you money and have nothing to show for it. I understand that things take time but the courteous thing to do would be to inform your customers what's going on, apologize and explain the delay, and not jump down the throats of dudes on forums. You say you're 'just trying to keep people informed' trying to look like the good guy in all this, but this is way too little way too late.

When I receive your Hellogoodbye record in another five months, that will be the end of my business with the company you work for, because of your actions. Show some tact, man.

Look. The situation here is - you advertised a simple 6 song 10 inch (that was markedly more expensive than most 10 inches) that was conveniently already made years ago. Seven months of wondering 'what the hell is going on with that record' later you announce that test pressings haven't even been approved yet. And when someone makes a disparaging remark, you reply with 'I'm a busy fucking guy.' Zero communication, zero professionalism, zero apologies for the delay gets zero sympathy. I don't care about the 'fetishist' whatever stuff, I don't know what that is and it has nothing to do with the issue at hand, which is a bunch of people gave you money and have nothing to show for it. I understand that things take time but the courteous thing to do would be to inform your customers what's going on, apologize and explain the delay, and not jump down the throats of dudes on forums. You say you're 'just trying to keep people informed' trying to look like the good guy in all this, but this is way too little way too late.

When I receive your Hellogoodbye record in another five months, that will be the end of my business with the company you work for, because of your actions. Show some tact, man.

Right on point. Furthermore the MerchHQ page has been updated multiple times claiming the vinyl experienced a delay and at first it said May was the new ship date and then it said the vinyl was being shipped to them in July. All the while a test press hadn't even been approved and the label/thedillon knew it. Another case of the old hold 'em over forever routine we saw from SRC about The Juliana Theory's Love. I'm sure this will get done and be nice looking. It just sucks the process has went down like this.

Also I'm pretty sure TheDillion promoted this for this article naming it the number 4 album to lost your sh*t over:

http://www.flippenmusic.com/features/10-vinyl-releases-you-should-be-losing-your-sht-over/

I'm guessing it's him he's stated as being a "popular" member of Vinyl Collective, Steve Aoki‘s personal Tour Manager, and former Allstar Weekend guitarist. If he was a super popular member he'd know that's not the super greatest way to treat people who have been waiting almost 8 months for a pre-order.

Not a dig at Dillon but he has to know because he's been around here a while that you have to be pretty sensitive when it comes to these things. People don't mess around about their money. He needs to remember the people that are upset supported his pressing from the get go. He shouldn't do the I'm brushing it off as whatever stuff and puffing up my bro chest at anyone who is critical or upset. Good way to make sure the next article someone writes about him says: very unpopular member of Vinyl Collective.

Right on point. Furthermore the MerchHQ page has been updated multiple times claiming the vinyl experienced a delay and at first it said May was the new ship date and then it said the vinyl was being shipped to them in July. All the while a test press hadn't even been approved and the label/thedillon knew it. Another case of the old hold 'em over forever routine we saw from SRC about The Juliana Theory's Love. I'm sure this will get done and be nice looking. It just sucks the process has went down like this.

Also I'm pretty sure TheDillion promoted this for this article naming it the number 4 album to lost your sh*t over:

http://www.flippenmusic.com/features/10-vinyl-releases-you-should-be-losing-your-sht-over/

I'm guessing it's him he's stated as being a "popular" member of Vinyl Collective, Steve Aoki‘s personal Tour Manager, and former Allstar Weekend guitarist. If he was a super popular member he'd know that's not the super greatest way to treat people who have been waiting almost 8 months for a pre-order.

Not a dig at Dillon but he has to know because he's been around here a while that you have to be pretty sensitive when it comes to these things. People don't mess around about their money. He needs to remember the people that are upset supported his pressing from the get go. He shouldn't do the I'm brushing it off as whatever stuff and puffing up my bro chest at anyone who is critical or upset. Good way to make sure the next article someone writes about him says: very unpopular member of Vinyl Collective.

This is gonna be the last time I post until I have the tests approved and these are officially in production to give an update for the people that are patiently waiting.

I know what's it's like to wait that long for a pre-order. It fucking blows. We ran into some hangups and it's finally on it's way. This is my first go around. No one that has asked for a refund has been denied. I never said I'm a "popular" member I said I was an active member. I'm very unhappy with the way things have gone as well. I'm just asking people to hang in there because I know that it will be great once it's arrived and things will be 100% the next go around. Anytime I post people just take jabs at me so it's hard for me to just sit there and take it. I love these boards and I love everyone on them.  I encourage anyone that's upset to come meet me in person. I've met many people from the boards and have even made some life-long friends from them.

Also this isn't my pressing. I didn't setup the pre-order. I'm strictly having create input on the album so that the standards are up to collector's values. That's why I'm being so defensive. Please just hang in there. If the product isn't up to standards when it arrives then I won't do it anymore. I don't want to anyone to be disappointed anymore.

Can you explain the situation? Also, did you really not think it was weird until now? Honestly curious - not trying to be a dick.

You go upstairs into Richard's room, he lays on his belly and band members take their shoes off and walk on his back individually while he listens to your demo and reads the lyrics. Not sure why, our bass player said he was in a car accident awhile ago and it helps, but yeaaah.

He is a nice guy and lets you crash the night though!