25 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Well, this is probably going to be a huge revenue pull for them considering they aren't a band anymore. I can see them milking this for all they can. Which is great if they end up pressing a lot. 

My question is when we think the timeline is for this? They've got tests in. What are the next stages? Maybe a preorder this summer with a Fall release?

Christmas present time then? Or possibly a Thanksgiving "thank you" gift, those are things right?

48 minutes ago, joneboon said:

to address the persons that gave me bad rep on my last post, not that it matters but am i not allowed to sell an LP when in dire need of money? its sad enough i have to part with it anyway

Cities would be 1st on the want list if I would have the money, that record gets me every time.

I hit you with that down arrow because your post didn't make sense. If the Internet has shown me anything it's how oblivious people are about things they really want. Put that shit on eBay or discogs for whatever you think it's worth and someone who couldn't spend an half hour checking for word of a repress will probably buy it up. Or cut a reasonable deal to someone here that is a completionist and wants an original press.

Edited by dantheriver

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

I hit you with that down arrow because your post didn't make sense. If the Internet has shown me anything it's how oblivious people are about things they really want. Put that shit on eBay or discogs for whatever you think it's worth and someone who couldn't spend an half hour checking for word of a repress will probably buy it up. Or cut a reasonable deal to someone here that is a completionist and wants an original press.

I do feel you on this since i have tons of things on my want list that i will be in no position to ever get my hands on, unless i pay way beyond the retail price. This is my main reason that im on this site to not miss out on pre-orders. 

And you know what you are telling is actually what happened to me. I paid twice the retail price on RSD in 2012 + shipping from US to EU (ebay), since i wanted this album so badly. Now im in my last year of studies and money is an issue so i listed this for trade/sell on the board. So my initial reaction to the repress was logical for me, though not for you since i didnt tell the whole story. But like I said in the original post im happy for the people that can get their hands on it now.

I'd be surprised if this was more than 1500-2000 copies...I'd even guess it'd be limited to 1000 copies.  I won't deny there's notable demand for this but like I've said before, Cities was available for $14.99 in the Tooth and Nail store for over a year and it was limited to 1000 copies.  It took a long time to sell, and that's their most popular album. NTFP and Blueprints were also available from 3rd party sellers on Amazon for at least a year.  

Also, the nature of including every album in one box will turn some people off who own half the albums already (or all of them, like myself), and I doubt Anberlin wants to be stuck with a bunch of these unsold.  Which is why, if they're smart, they'd include something exclusive in the box set (Lost Songs) to entice more people to pull the trigger. 

4 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Well I'm fucked if it comes up anytime in the next few days. Goddamnit. 

I wouldn't stress.  I doubt this will sell out quickly.  Heck, for all we know this preorder is their way of determining how many to order/produce.  They're clearly still listening to tests...which raises another question: are these new, remastered pressings?