• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

So...i assume everyone who ordered probably chose "USPS Priority Flat Rate -Free" 

But i noticed they also offer another option of regular "Priority Mail" for $11

What would make anyone choose the $11 priority over free priority? Is one supposed to be faster than the other? Or are they the exact same speed?

I'd say it's a typo but you can rack your brain as you please. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

I just figured we would have seem some updates with pictures of the process. Either way, we know that the masters were sent out at least. Now to just be more patient.

Patience, in the world of vinyl... that is one virtue the hobby has taught me well

Went ahead and emailed Benchmark Customer Service two days ago asking if these boxsets got delayed or anything like that and they replied to me this morning saying these are still set to ship out on 9/28. I was hoping they'd ship a few days early so we could receive them on release day, but hey at least there's no delays.

59 minutes ago, combatchuckaa said:

Whenever this arrives, it'll be interesting to see what reducing both Cities and New Surrender from 2xLPs to single LPs each does, quality-wise, especially with Cities.  Hopefully the "remastered for vinyl" nicely eliminates that concern.  

The live version of Cities (from the Live in New York double LP) wasn't bad. There was a transition issue where they started playing or introducing a song and then it cut off on side A (then picking up on side B ), but looking at it's length it was about 49 minutes.

Looking at the "studio" version, Cities is 46:30 with New Surrender at 45. So I think they will be just fine.

1 minute ago, No This Is Patrick said:

The live version of Cities (from the Live in New York double LP) wasn't bad. There was a transition issue where they started playing or introducing a song and then it cut off on side A (then picking up on side B ), but looking at it's length it was about 49 minutes.

Looking at the "studio" version, Cities is 46:30 with New Surrender at 45. So I think they will be just fine.

I suspect you're correct.  It's just interesting that there are 2xLP versions of each album out there...meaning, a conversation was had somewhere along the line where it was decided it was preferable to split the albums up that way due, I assume, to length.  However...this may have been due to how the records were mastered (as in, they weren't mastered for vinyl during their first pressing, classic T&N).  Assuming these were properly mastered for vinyl this time around, the length concern shouldn't be an issue. I wish there were digital files of the new masters included with this release.  That'd be solid.  

On September 26, 2016 at 6:56 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm so excited to finally get this. Might spend a day off spinning it front to back. 

I'll be without in spirit, bet I'll do this too. Would be a nice trip down memory lane

*with you in spirit

Edited by SpazzyMcGee
Changed my words

1 hour ago, SpazzyMcGee said:

I'll be without in spirit, bet I'll do this too. Would be a nice trip down memory lane

I've been getting so anxious to see shipping confirmation posts haha. I didn't order mine myself so I'll just be looking out on MyUSPS for the next couple days haha

10 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

Listened to the whole discography a couple days ago. It's insane how many good Songs they have. Can't wait to get this box in. 

one of the few bands I know of who had so many B-sides I grew to love just as much as album songs if not more.