7 minutes ago, _unproductive said:

my bonus item was these rather cheap looking prints.. woo

lSBbE8I.jpg

just happy i finally have this

Those appear to the be the promotional 12" flats they sent out to people who ordered Vital packages awhile back.  The only 12" version of the Vital album cover...which may not be cool to you but since the Vital vinyl was 10", the album cover didn't match the rest of the previous album artwork in terms of size--making the artwork you're holding somewhat desirable to someone who really liked that album cover :)  

13 minutes ago, _unproductive said:

my bonus item was these rather cheap looking prints.. woo

lSBbE8I.jpg

just happy i finally have this

Too bad they're not signed. Woulda made it a definite framing opportunity for me. Regardless, I've always loved Vital artwork and would still frame it up. Also, congrats on being the first to receive this! Mine should be here tomorrow....hope i get something cooooooooooooool!

54 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Too bad they're not signed. Woulda made it a definite framing opportunity for me. Regardless, I've always loved Vital artwork and would still frame it up. Also, congrats on being the first to receive this! Mine should be here tomorrow....hope i get something cooooooooooooool!

wrong quote.... (and i can't figure out how to delete)

Edited by _unproductive

As a free item I got a signed embossed print of Dark Is The Way Light Is A Place

Love this boxset, the booklet has a commentary on the recording process of each album along with some cool pictures. The epilogue is the lyrics to Time And Confusion. Reading through the commentary and seeing that as the last part of the booklet made me tear up. 

8 minutes ago, FlippingOut said:

As a free item I got a signed embossed print of Dark Is The Way Light Is A Place

Love this boxset, the booklet has a commentary on the recording process of each album along with some cool pictures. The epilogue is the lyrics to Time And Confusion. Reading through the commentary and seeing that as the last part of the booklet made me tear up. 

Shit man, I hope I get something signed too, I wanna freaking frame something! Anything! Haha

Also, I have a feeling I'm going to get emotional when I open this up and get to sit down and listen through it. So many damn memories with their music. Anberlin for life.

22 minutes ago, FlippingOut said:

This is awesome.  Those signed/embossed Dark prints are rare.  Wish I had one!

On 10/20/2016 at 0:03 PM, mmhmm said:

Those appear to the be the promotional 12" flats they sent out to people who ordered Vital packages awhile back.  The only 12" version of the Vital album cover...which may not be cool to you but since the Vital vinyl was 10", the album cover didn't match the rest of the previous album artwork in terms of size--making the artwork you're holding somewhat desirable to someone who really liked that album cover :)  

These are the same promos I got.

As someone who already has an OP of every LP (including of New Surrender; don't ask what I paid for it on eBay), I was most looking forward to what is contained in the booklet they put together for this: a detailed account of the thoughts and feelings that went into each record. Deon did a really good job putting this all together and I'm very happy to have this little window into their world to peer through now. There's a fantastic quote on the first page from english modernist and writer Virgina Woolf about how significant and "complete" emotions about something can only be truly formed well after the event has passed, and the band uses this, along with an epilogue in the form of the song "Time & Confusion"'s lyrics in their entirety to bookend a really, really nice account of the band's career from start to finish. 

TL;DR: i'm happy as a pig in shit rn

5 minutes ago, SpazzyMcGee said:

I really am so glad to have these...but...minorly disappointed in the covers and lack of color. That's all I'll say but I'm so excited to have these albums, cleaning and spinning right away!

It IS pretty sparse, color-wise...however, I don't think they did anything to hide that fact when they posted the mocks. The mockups were pretty spot on, actually. 

10 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

You asked? Whom did you ask?

Sorry bad wording. Previously in the thread I specifically said that I hoped I get this since someone else did too...so in a way I asked the record gods and they answered but in reality I talked to No one...I have no friends