Agreed, it's really really soon. The band should give it some time and let all those eBay auctions expire a couple times. If they hit $200-$250 by the end of the year, demand probably isn't high enough for a new pressing considering they took up till ship date to sell out first time around. 

Agreed on it being way too soon. 

Maybe if it were just all white I wouldn't care too much. Like if it doesn't include the special book or slipmat, I'd be ok with that. The album prints make sense just because everything would be white. 

I'd be more pissed if they did this box with all the original artwork on the jackets. 

On 11/18/2016 at 5:01 PM, mmhmm said:

It may be nicer looking but I can almost guarantee it won't sound as good as the first pressing.  Which do you prefer?

Yeah, i get it. white vinyl. it might sound worse, it might not. i cant say every white vinyl sounds worse than every other color in the same way that i cant say every 180g vinyl ive listened to sounds better. the only records ive listened to that consistently and truly sound like shit are glow in the dark.

2 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

Yeah, i get it. white vinyl. it might sound worse, it might not. i cant say every white vinyl sounds worse than every other color in the same way that i cant say every 180g vinyl ive listened to sounds better. the only records ive listened to that consistently and truly sound like shit are glow in the dark.

None of the white LPs I own have noticeable surface noise. 

So they just sent out an email to (I'm supposing) those who previously picked up the box set. I get that they didn't want to have people flip these but doing a totally different box, that in and of itself can then be flipped, seems to be disingenuous to me. Here's my favorite (/s, actually makes me mad they're trying to flaunt that this will be rarer than the "rare" one I already bought) quote from the email and then I'll post the full thing:

"Now, in an attempt to make the next batch different while also not taking anything away from that initial run, our favorite designer Jordan Butcher came up with this "whiteout repress", and we thought it looked absolutely sick. Hence we now have this very limited repressing that we just launched the preorder for. This one will have far fewer copies made, far more rare, and also the turnaround time is looking to be much quicker. As it stands, all orders should ship out in early to mid February."

Full email body:

Hello friends!

First off - WE MISS YOU GUYS!

We wanted to explain a bit further about the decision to make this "Whiteout Limited Repress" of our vinyl box set. We have seen some of your comments, and while you're totally free to have your opinions of course, we at least wanted to make sure you had our first hand (and correct) reasoning behind it.

The initial run of the box set sold out with such quickness - we were floored, honored, and humbled. We had no intentions of making more, but when we started seeing an increasing amount of re-sell activity on secondary sites like eBay for double and triple the price, we got super bummed as we never intended for anyone to pay upwards of $500 for one of these. So we thought about it for a while, and decided to put it to a vote. We let you guys make the decision, and it was overwhelmingly clear there was a demand and desire from you guys for us to make more rather than you guys resorting to such high prices.

Now, in an attempt to make the next batch different while also not taking anything away from that initial run, our favorite designer Jordan Butcher came up with this "whiteout repress", and we thought it looked absolutely sick. Hence we now have this very limited repressing that we just launched the preorder for. This one will have far fewer copies made, far more rare, and also the turnaround time is looking to be much quicker. As it stands, all orders should ship out in early to mid February.

Edited by zacooper

22 minutes ago, zacooper said:

So they just sent out an email to (I'm supposing) those who previously picked up the box set. I get that they didn't want to have people flip these but doing a totally different box, that in and of itself can then be flipped, seems to be disingenuous to me. Here's my favorite (/s, actually makes me mad they're trying to flaunt that this will be rarer than the "rare" one I already bought) quote from the email and then I'll post the full thing:

"Now, in an attempt to make the next batch different while also not taking anything away from that initial run, our favorite designer Jordan Butcher came up with this "whiteout repress", and we thought it looked absolutely sick. Hence we now have this very limited repressing that we just launched the preorder for. This one will have far fewer copies made, far more rare, and also the turnaround time is looking to be much quicker. As it stands, all orders should ship out in early to mid February."

Full email body:

Hello friends!

First off - WE MISS YOU GUYS!

We wanted to explain a bit further about the decision to make this "Whiteout Limited Repress" of our vinyl box set. We have seen some of your comments, and while you're totally free to have your opinions of course, we at least wanted to make sure you had our first hand (and correct) reasoning behind it.

The initial run of the box set sold out with such quickness - we were floored, honored, and humbled. We had no intentions of making more, but when we started seeing an increasing amount of re-sell activity on secondary sites like eBay for double and triple the price, we got super bummed as we never intended for anyone to pay upwards of $500 for one of these. So we thought about it for a while, and decided to put it to a vote. We let you guys make the decision, and it was overwhelmingly clear there was a demand and desire from you guys for us to make more rather than you guys resorting to such high prices.

Now, in an attempt to make the next batch different while also not taking anything away from that initial run, our favorite designer Jordan Butcher came up with this "whiteout repress", and we thought it looked absolutely sick. Hence we now have this very limited repressing that we just launched the preorder for. This one will have far fewer copies made, far more rare, and also the turnaround time is looking to be much quicker. As it stands, all orders should ship out in early to mid February.

hella slap in the face

I kinda just want the box...to put my original pressings in.  Lol.  

Waiting for someone to do that with one of these boxes...and sell off the single LP remastered pressings.

Also, it's probably already been said but if they're trying to deter flipping, they're doing it wrong.  You don't repress a way more limited version and hope that suddenly people will stop flipping it.  You press enough that you continually have copies in stock and don't run out.  

Edited by mmhmm

I bought the black primarily because I wanted all the albums.

but saying they're "not taking anything away from the first" is bullshit if this is more limited. It won't effect me, but it is a bummer to see them do it in a way so shitty. 

If if they didn't want to take away from the first they should have done a generic box with a copy of each album in - I.e. Nothing crazy special like the "whiteout" edition