Killin' me, Anberlin.  I get why they'd repress this but then I have to buy it...for THE COLLECTION.

I will say this though- they appear to be changing it up enough (including the original artwork, at least in a print form, not necessarily the covers), that it wouldn't be a terrible thing.  

Edited by mmhmm

Well... Had I known there would have been a white one I would've held off the black pressing because I really wanted a coloured one. Also, releasing another edition of this would be totally contrary to 'strictly limited to 1000 pieces', and the fact that this took quite awhile to sell out, I'm not sure if they can sell another 1000 of these. Beyond that, if this becomes a more limited variant then it's kinda sticking it to everyone who bought the first variant right away, not exactly what I have in mind of 'repaying your fans for their support' 

also the picture says 'hi quality print of each anberlin album cover' which I think ours didn't come with. 

I think putting the reason for that as people re-listing on ebay is kinda exaggerated, I don't think any of the overpriced sets have sold.. none of those on discogs as well. I bought two boxes, one to let go locally (at the same price that I paid) and releasing a white version will kill any chance I have of selling my other one because they'd definitely spring for a white one (because.. I would most definitely prefer the white one lol) 

3 minutes ago, jmsmusic said:

Well... Had I known there would have been a white one I would've held off the black pressing because I really wanted a coloured one. Also, releasing another edition of this would be totally contrary to 'strictly limited to 1000 pieces', and the fact that this took quite awhile to sell out, I'm not sure if they can sell another 1000 of these. Beyond that, if this becomes a more limited variant then it's kinda sticking it to everyone who bought the first variant right away, not exactly what I have in mind of 'repaying your fans for their support' 

also the picture says 'hi quality print of each anberlin album cover' which I think ours didn't come with. 

I think putting the reason for that as people re-listing on ebay is kinda exaggerated, I don't think any of the overpriced sets have sold.. none of those on discogs as well. I bought two boxes, one to let go locally (at the same price that I paid) and releasing a white version will kill any chance I have of selling my other one because they'd definitely spring for a white one (because.. I would most definitely prefer the white one lol) 

I might be interested in a first pressing if anyone wants to get rid of it to buy the white one.

16 hours ago, Kanye West said:

>>talking about re-releasing a collector's item

>>haven't responded to emails about damaged first pressings

great

Do you have my posts blocked?  I fucking already told you what they are doing. Why would they email you to update you on the fact they have no updates yet. Be real dude.

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Do you have my posts blocked?  I fucking already told you what they are doing. Why would they email you to update you on the fact they have no updates yet. Be real dude.

Lmao. 14 days of silence when someone paid a ton of money for your product is not great business. Update us with what you're doing, especially when multiple people are having the same issue. 

I actually tweeted at the band after the box set vol 2 announcement asking about the damaged sets and they immediately DMed me asking what was going on and said they were going to reach out to them.

2 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Yeah...maybe no one's told them white vinyl usually doesn't sound very good.  

Will they press 500 or 1000 of these?  If they do 1000, pretty sure they'll be left with 300-400 unsold boxes in their warehouse.  

But if they do any less than 1,000, they deal a major blow to everyone who bought the oh so limited first press. 

3 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

But if they do any less than 1,000, they deal a major blow to everyone who bought the oh so limited first press. 

True.  But when it comes to honoring the language they used for the first pressing vs. simply repressing this thing, no matter what quantity they choose, they'll ignore complaints like these in a heartbeat.  

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Lmao. 14 days of silence when someone paid a ton of money for your product is not great business. Update us with what you're doing, especially when multiple people are having the same issue. 

I actually tweeted at the band after the box set vol 2 announcement asking about the damaged sets and they immediately DMed me asking what was going on and said they were going to reach out to them.

Yeah, but they haven't been silent with me. Maybe they just don't like you? And benchmark is only the merch company, they aren't the ones pressing it. Nor or they a label. 

9 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

True.  But when it comes to honoring the language they used for the first pressing vs. simply repressing this thing, no matter what quantity they choose, they'll ignore complaints like these in a heartbeat.  

There's really not a great way to go about it I guess. But if they wanted to avoid flippers, they should've just done individual pressings and not done a box at all. I still would've bought them all, most of us would have. 

27 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

There's really not a great way to go about it I guess. But if they wanted to avoid flippers, they should've just done individual pressings and not done a box at all. I still would've bought them all, most of us would have. 

My guess is individual pressings are not possible under the terms/conditions of which they received a license to press the records.  Likely has something to do with there being multiple record labels involved, the complexity of obtaining all the artwork necessary (and accompanying licenses to use that artwork), as well as other factors we're not aware of.  It seems to me the band found the least complicated means of releasing their albums on vinyl and went with the box set option (sans artwork^, too, right?).

Edited by mmhmm

Hmm. Well I'm not "bummed" really, but now contemplating if I like one over the other. 

The black should sound better than the white regardless. Looks like a blank white Jacket? If the insert has the artwork on it, that could be cool. 

The white box will show dirt and wear more than the black box. 

These are just my thinking-out-loud ramblings 

i can see 11 completed or active listings on ebay - so 1% of the pressing ended up on ebay... plus a few on discogs ill assume. hardly a legitimate reason to do a repress when you went through the whole pitch of "one time pressing." that said, that white layout is much nicer looking, color vinyl and prints of the artwork. had i known, i would have waited. i dont care if bands repress things repeatedly but it kind of annoys me when they come out with something nicer looking than what they originally did. 

19 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

i can see 11 completed or active listings on ebay - so 1% of the pressing ended up on ebay... plus a few on discogs ill assume. hardly a legitimate reason to do a repress when you went through the whole pitch of "one time pressing." that said, that white layout is much nicer looking, color vinyl and prints of the artwork. had i known, i would have waited. i dont care if bands repress things repeatedly but it kind of annoys me when they come out with something nicer looking than what they originally did. 

It may be nicer looking but I can almost guarantee it won't sound as good as the first pressing.  Which do you prefer?