32 minutes ago, combatchuckaa said:

Devotion, as a collection of songs, may be the best thing Anberlin ever did. And I love Cities. Not including Devotion is just dumb and another missed opportunity to incentivize more people to pull the trigger.

Yep yep, even a triple disc version of Devotion would be great. 

4 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Don't own a single album of theirs on vinyl, so this is an obvious buy for me. Jus skeptical on quality considering each album is more than likely a single LP version. Aww who cares, here Anberlin take my money now...

The original pressings of Cities and New Surrender are double LPs

So how much quality can you lose from a double LP to a single and what do you think the likelihood of them repressing them separately in the future are? I'm like, into anberlin enough that in the future I would want this but like, broke enough now that I'm unsure. 

Edited by CaptainAmerricka

This is difficult for me, because I'm such a huge Anberlin fan , and do not have any money for this guy. Usually if a repress or some "crazy i didn't expect to buy this today" record comes out, it's not a couple hundred bucks and can be manageable (pb & j). I just got out of debit and cut up my credit cards. Wish I would've waited a week haha

First world problems, I know...

Edited by deltadon

6 hours ago, CaptainAmerricka said:

So how much quality can you lose from a double LP to a single and what do you think the likelihood of them repressing them separately in the future are? I'm like, into anberlin enough that in the future I would want this but like, broke enough now that I'm unsure. 

Oh, I didn't see that it's pretty much confirmed to be a set of single LPs . Ignore my previous comment then, haha. 

Even if they re-release the single albums, I can't imagine them as a new double press. They'll already have the plates from this press. Print individual jackets and boom. Single LP's. 

Wondering if if I should save my money now and hope for that in the future. I can't buy this if it's $150. Just can't budget-wise :/

40 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Even if they re-release the single albums, I can't imagine them as a new double press. They'll already have the plates from this press. Print individual jackets and boom. Single LP's. 

Wondering if if I should save my money now and hope for that in the future. I can't buy this if it's $150. Just can't budget-wise :/

We're talking about making the double LP versions of Cities and New Surrender into single LPs..

Cities shouldn't be too bad on a single. I have the Live double album, and the Cities portion was fine? I do remember one of the songs was cut a little early on side A (before the transition to side B, kinda like on the Underoath "Define The Great Line" recent tour repress) But that was the only "issue". It is a live recording, so there are some differences of course.