Thrice 2015

I'm down, and I mean, I'm not really complaining.... but it does drive me crazy when a band hangs it up, but then picks it back up within what would have been a reasonable wait for an album.

Like, they could have just laid off the touring and not break up/go on hiatus, and it wouldn't have been any different.

From their announcement in November 2011:

"Thrice is not breaking up. If nothing has broken us up by now, I doubt anything ever could.

However, we will be taking a break from being a full-time band, and the upcoming tour in the Spring will be the last one for the foreseeable future."

I feel like this is exactly what they said they were going to do. The "foreseeable future" might be more than three years to some, but I'm not complaining.

"Thrice is not breaking up. If nothing has broken us up by now, I doubt anything ever could.

However, we will be taking a break from being a full-time band, and the upcoming tour in the Spring will be the last one for the foreseeable future."

I feel like this is exactly what they said they were going to do. The "foreseeable future" might be more than three years to some, but I'm not complaining.

Oh cool, I had forgotten about that.  Yeah, that's fine then, whatever.  Three years is still a pretty short amount of time to pick things back up, but cool.  Basically the same situation as Nine Inch Nails then.  Given the economic landscape I'm actually surprised more bands don't gear down to "part-time".

Yep To be fair even on their farewell tour they were saying how that might no be the end

I saw the DET pre fairwell in fall then the fairwell tour in spring. Both were great and were the only times I saw them live. As for digital sea I remember in 2010? A lot of their gear was stolen and the mic setup for the distorted vocals was taken and if i remember correctly they said it was costly and wouldent play Digital Sea w/o it.

Just listened to Anthology last night. Would love a live album on vinyl not out of tune someday ;) So disappointed in how Anthology sounds.

And I still am dying to see Digital Sea live. Got shafted on the Detroit date of the farewell tour!

I remember them playing it on the Brand New/Thrice/mewithoutYou tour.  Dustin had a CB radio looking thing that modulated his voice for the end of the song, it was pretty great.