ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

enjoytheride is reading the thread right now. maybe he'll defend himself...

This IS how rumors start...krockradio24 is my personal account.  I grew up with Ross, we are very close friends, and I help him pack orders all the time.  I purchase a bunch of his releases when they go on sale because I know many of them will sell out and will have resale value.  Times are hard, been without a job for a while, so have been trying to cash in.  Also, images and words was never even sold through ETR, only Brookvale..

He already did  ;)

Edit: after getting a chance to look at the evidence it's clear there is more going on here. We don't have a problem with users discussing topics like this but we ask that you all keep the name-calling and one-liner jokes to a minimum. Gross immaturity prevents any constructive conversation and we need to keep in mind someone's livelihood and reputation are at stake. I assume everyone here is able to behave like an adult and wants to know what is going on. The thread is unlocked, but consider this a fair warning that if you're going to act like a bully you will be treated like a bully.

Thanks to the mods for unlocking this. I think it's good that label owners and people who have a little clout in this community to be kept accountable. For someone to come into this thread and lie about their activities raises all sorts of red flags for me.

Everyone has the right to do what they want with their money. Labels can do whatever they want with their records, including selling them on eBay. What really pisses me off, is when labels come on VC and lie. If you are going to flip your own records on ebay, that's your own choice. If you are going to sell your own releases on eBay and make bullshit descriptions like "i bought this from the label and it sounds great and I have a super low number and i hate to see this go!" then people might have a problem with that. 

When you have another user come on and make a claim that the eBay listings are his and some bullshit sob story about how they lost their job and need the money, I have an even larger problem with that.

Here's some more context:

eBay user krockradio24 sells ETR releases. Here are a few examples of links and descriptions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rob-Zombie-hellbilly-deluxe-180g-SEALED-3-color-swirl-vinyl-lp-reissue-15-500-/271693232956?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f422dbb3c&nma=true&si=8ybJultQaqLMYdm2IEDQvwrraxY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This auction is for a SEALED copy of the 2014 rob zombie hellbilly deluxe re-issue on 180 gram 3 color swirl vinyl. This reissue sold out in 2 days and will not be repressed.  I bought two copies and must say that this album looks and sounds amazing. I took a photo of my opener copy to show how cool the record looks.  I was also lucky enough to get a low #, mine came with #14 and #15 stickers which are the lowest ive seen posted so far.  Anyway, I need some money for the holidays so decided to get rid of my extra copy. Please email me with any additional questions or concerns

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dream-Theater-Images-Words-Red-Yellow-Swirl-Vinyl-Lp-record-BLANK-NO-PROMO-/271651570615?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f3fb203b7

This listing is for an UNPLAYED copy of Dream Theater- Images and words on fireball swirl colored vinyl.  The record was only opened to confirm the color of the lp's. This pressing was released by Brookvale Records & Enjoy The Ride Records in 2013 and was an officially licensed re-issue, promoted by the band. This copy was given to me by a friend who worked on the project so this is a very RARE un numbered copy promo copy of this album. I was told that only 20 of these were not numbered and none of those were really ever made available for sale to the public. Please email me with any additional questions or concerns

Completed listings from krockradio24: http://www.ebay.com/sch/krockradio24/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

After these were posted, some newer users asked if it was really Ross's ebay account, a relatively unknown user with 44 posts made the following post:

This IS how rumors start...krockradio24 is my personal account.  I grew up with Ross, we are very close friends, and I help him pack orders all the time.  I purchase a bunch of his releases when they go on sale because I know many of them will sell out and will have resale value.  Times are hard, been without a job for a while, so have been trying to cash in.  Also, images and words was never even sold through ETR, only Brookvale..

Many people bought what this guy was selling and believed that this explained things.

There is quite a bit of proof that Ross uses krockradio24 as a username in a number of places. The most alarming proof is from this old thread:

Here is an older VC thread that still exists: http://boards.vinylc...f-awesome-jams/

When you check the google cached version it still has a recently deleted post from Ross where he says what his eBay username is: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1dZiwPLj-MUJ:boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86372-selling-records-from-japan-via-ebay-130-auctions-at-the-moment-tons-of-awesome-jams/+&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is a screenshot: 12myAuE.jpg

I have no beef with Ross personally and think name-calling is pretty dumb but even dumber is lying about your eBay name. It took me all of 30 seconds to google "krockradio24," find an old absolutepunk.net profile:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/member.php?u=14750

Which links to this post saying he is the manager of a band called the Curtana Veil and mentions an email address of [email protected]:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=210773

Another quick google search later for "ross shotland" + "the curtana veil" brings up Ross' LinkedIn page that confirms he was the manager of that band.

Again, Ross, if you're reading this: I have absolutely no beef with you and think you get a lot of shit on these boards for no reason from people who have nothing better to do than complain about others' success. But this specific thing is dumb. Just admit it's your eBay account and move on.

Just want to clear my name. I didnt want to go out of my way to cause shit yesterday, but when things dont add up I felt like I should share it with people on VC. If someone can circumstantially refute the evidence I presented yesterday, and prove that Ross is not the owner of both accounts I will most definitely apologize to both Ross and the owner of the "Krockradio24" account.   

Adding in my two cents...I have bought test presses from Ross personally before and the email he uses is the krockradio one.

I've never had a problem with ETR and have always enjoyed the records I've chosen to purchase from them. However, with all this happening now, I don't think I'll be supporting or buying anything in the future from ETR.

I'd rather he would have just came out and said something along the lines of "Yes, I'm flipping my releases on ebay". As shitty as that is, It's still better than blatantly lying about it and expecting people to believe your bullshit.

It's probably some other guy from Ross's hometown who knows someone who knows Ross that gets low numbered copies and limited editions of all ETR releases to sell them on ebay. Also a coincidence that whoever posts these listings has a fourth grade education like Ross. 

Not sure if someone else confirmed this but this is 100% him. That's all I will say. For those who don't know I haven't worked with him since last May. I couldn't deal with his way of running his business and how he treated me. Again, I won't say anything more since I am not here to instigate anything but I felt people should at least know that they would be getting ripped off from the source if they bid on those auctions