ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

yeah i feel that. it's easy to get wrapped up in fancy vinyl things and wind up costing yourself a boatload of money. what we try to consider is like, "does Thing X provide an obvious bump in value?" if you follow me. like, a screen-printed B-side is a thing that obviously costs extra, and any vinyl buyer knows this – is that worth bumping a record up in price from say $12 to $14? probably yes. but i can't bump my price up a couple bucks for a splatter variant and feel good about that as a label owner because as a customer i wouldn't be stoked on that.

If it adds to the release or matches the artwork, I'm all for that. But a lot of the aesthetic choices ETR makes seem arbitrary.

Wow, It's about time something was said about the way ETR is ran. There have been multiple run-ins where I have almost said something on the board. When I got back into collecting I was looking for the TSL and TEN 10"s. What do you know, I got an email right away from Ross saying he may have a couple extras "laying" around. We worked out a deal, where Ross kept trying to get more from me. I asked for a certain variant, he said he'd see what he had. I didn't receive the variant I had wanted in the end, plus they arrived with gnarly seam splits. Few months pass and he's giving the variants I wanted away on Modern Vinyl. I feel like he keeps 20+ of his records to resell in the end and a higher rate, there always seems to be an "extra" or a few "found" copies. Which is extremely sad. A year later I contacted him about a couple tests, each time he wanted an outrageous trade or a lot of cash. I did end up working out a trade on a test (I was dumb at the time) 3 weeks went by and a few emails were sent, saying I never received the test. Almost a month later he finally sent out another copy. My guess was he never sent it in the first place, I get that times can get busy, but don't lie and say it was mailed (I never received tracking or anything). Then I had to keep contacting him about a custom jacket, this should not have been my problem. I always got the vibe that he was acting like he was trying to do me a favor, when in the long run it was him benefiting. A lot of shady business going on, I don't like it. Sad that I use to support this label. Any good experience I have had with ETR involved Patrick.

Edit; Sorry for all the errors earlier. I was trying to get this out quickly, while my dogs where freaking out. 

Wow, It's about time something was said about the way ETR is ran. There have been multiple run-ins where I have almost said something on the board. When I got back into collecting I was looking for the TSL and TEN 10"s. What do you know, I got an email right away from Ross saying he may have a couple extras "laying" around. We worked out a deal, where Ross kept trying to get more from me. I asked for a certain variant, he said he'd see what he had. I didn't receive the variant I had wanted in the end, plus they arrived with gnarly seam splits. Few months pass and he's giving the variants I wanted away on Modern Vinyl. I feel like he keeps 20+ of his records to resell in the end and a higher rate, there always seems to be an "extra" or a few "found" copies. Which is extremely sad. A year later I contacted him about a couple tests, each time he wanted an outrageous trade or a lot of cash. I did end up working out a trade on a test (I was dumb at the time) 3 weeks went by and a few emails were sent, saying I never received the test. Almost a month later he finally sent out another copy. My guess was he never sent it in the first place, I get that times can get busy, but don't lie and say it was mailed (I never received tracking or anything). Then I had to keep contacting him about a custom jacket, this should not have been my problem. I always got the vibe that he was acting like he was trying to do me a favor, when in the long run it was him benefiting. A lot of shady business going on, I don't like it. Sad that I use to support this label. Any good experience I have had with ETR involved Patrick.

Edit; Sorry for all the errors earlier. I was trying to get this out quickly, while my dogs where freaking out. 

I'm glad I was able to give you good experiences! 

Unless something has changed I've seen them put up copies of their exclusive vinyl after they have sold out for around 75 dollars or more. 

Bon Iver was the last one I saw that was like this.

The guy at Looney Tunes, runs Brookvale Records which also distributed/distributes ETR stuff. I believe it's via RED, I get their mailings. Apparently they both co-release records together as well.  Birds of a feather...