ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

I think it's been about a year since I stopped working w/ ETR & it's been amazing haha. I started my own company where I am actually involved with every part of the process and what I create and sell is something I've made with my own hands. Really rewarding after years of sketchiness. 

Since insane people are still defending ross's actions, there are only a few possibilities of what happened here.

(1) Ross secured the rights to the record with the band/label. Contracts were signed. Production starts. Ross receives tests. Band/label says "sorry, if it's okay, we'd like you to not press the record. Please find it out of the goodness of your heart to forfeit the money you've spent. Go ahead and sell the test pressings secretly through message boards or to people you know for a lot of money but don't tell anyone about it. We want you to look like you're doing something illegal." You can figure out the rest.

(2) Ross starts the process before securing the rights. Ross didn't get the rights. Ross sells test presses. (maybe ross just really wanted one copy of the record, so he pressed 5 without rights to sell the other 4).

(3) Ross is in negotiation for rights with the band/label. Ross is sure everything will work out, so he jumps the gun and gets tests ordered. Band/label doesn't sign contract, calls it off. Ross feels dumb for spending the money without having contracts but realizes he has 5 test presses to sell on the black market.

(4) Ross secured the rights. Started the process but then the singer died. Decided to wait a bit to release it. But hey, might as well make some cash in the meantime.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't #1.

We spoke about this previously a bit closer to when it happened, It actually was #1, or at least half of it... I didn't quite understand the situation either but he didn't just press these up without the rights. He complied with the wishes expressed to him after the singer passed away.

I can't speak as to the legality of selling the TP, or the legality of the band/label basically ripping up the contract after he already started the production on this. I'm positive that he lost a lot more money on this than whatever he made off of selling a TP.

I get you guys have a strong distrust, but some of you are looking waaaay too hard into this trying to catch him doing something completely malicious or illegal. It sounds to me like he did exactly what a lot of you wish he would do - respect the wishes of the content creators regardless of whatever had been legally agreed upon, and in this case, even after hundreds or even thousands of dollars have already been spent on the production.

I have a VHS copy of Wayne's World that I got for $1 with a value meal at McDonald's.

The bidding starts at $10.

In b4 Ross presses Wayne's World theme on 7" re recorded by him and 3 drunk friends and his pomeranian.