ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

34 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

A legit question: Was the "Best of Nicktoons" release all re-recordings of the themes (done by Ross or whoever) or were they the actual songs? For some reason, I remember seeing that they were re-recordings and that's why I never bought it.

The best of nicktoons was the original release. The Doug 7 inch was re-recordings. 

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Serious question, what am I missing? Are you bummed about a $20 EP, $10 mandatory shipping, re-recordings, all of the above? I'm not interested in it but it doesn't seem out of the price range of similar records.

Edited by Sanspants

5 minutes ago, Sanspants said:

Serious question, what am I missing? Are you bummed about a $20 EP, $10 mandatory shipping, re-recordings, all of the above? I'm not interested in it but it doesn't seem out of the price range of similar records.

I think he's referring to the liquid-filled variant being $129.

Just FYI in case anyone is thinking about getting these, they are NOT the originals used in the film.  However, they are official re-recordings that John Murphy was involved in.  So a little better than the usual ETR fair, but still of zero interest to me if they aren't the versions used in the film.  Awesome to hear Waxworks is working on a repress.

4 hours ago, jhulud said:

I'd also point out that many of these fail or leak in shipping. Maybe the process has gotten better, but last month I found my one carefully stored, never played liquid filled LP had sprung a leak. Luckily, I had stored it in the FUCKING ZIPLOCK BAG it shipped in.

If it has to be stored in a ziplock, that probably speaks volumes.

3 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

I'd also point out that many of these fail or leak in shipping. Maybe the process has gotten better, but last month I found my one carefully stored, never played liquid filled LP had sprung a leak. Luckily, I had stored it in the FUCKING ZIPLOCK BAG it shipped in.

If it has to be stored in a ziplock, that probably speaks volumes.

I follow the guy who made these, Romanus Records, and he’s had a very solid and consistent track record. He’s been making liquid filled records for a while and as far as I’ve seen and known, none have leaked. 

14 hours ago, hxcoliver said:

I follow the guy who made these, Romanus Records, and he’s had a very solid and consistent track record. He’s been making liquid filled records for a while and as far as I’ve seen and known, none have leaked. 

Never post losers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Screenshot-20200701-230429-Instagram.jpg

https://enjoytheriderecords.com/blogs/news/tagged/hey-arnold

I really enjoy the background music from this show, Side A looks promising. But It looks like Side B is full of actual songs like I'll hit me, rats, and Arnold habanera which will be good to listen to once. I'm sold on it. 

Edited by pizza face

Looks like there will be a repress according to Craig Bartlett. 

Also there is a giveaway for 10 copies of this album signed by the show creator Craig Bartlett and composer Jim Lang by donating to one of three organizations. The details are on this post 

Edited by pizza face

• 5 months later...