ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

13 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Not related to Ren and Stimpy, but I finally got this second hand.

Just came in the other day, and its as gorgeous as I had hoped! 

SKSK - City Sleeps In Flames.

atvo9RN.jpg

Wow, looks fantastic! Much better than mine orange 15th Anniversary Tour Exclusive

On 1/21/2021 at 4:54 PM, faaip de oiad said:

Just received my nick splat variant of Ren and Stimpy! I don't know why exactly I feel so giddy about this, but yeah... it's cool! 😜🤙

Same. Arrived today. I had listened to the CD earlier in the week to prep myself for the nostalgia trip. Still holds up. 

Ren & Stimpy sounds great. Packaging is very basic in my opinion and overpriced at $30 but that's probably for licensing. It's just a 4 page insert and the record and jacket. Hey Arnold was gatefold with no insert, so about the same for what you're paying. But it's a great listen and the record came out clean.

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

when did this thread go from dumping on Ross for all the shady business practices to praising them for their releases? 

I’m just glad the fart sounds on the Ren & Stimpy record were the actual ones from the show and not another Silly Ross tribute. 

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

when did this thread go from dumping on Ross for all the shady business practices to praising them for their releases? 

Although I don't personally enjoy Ren & Stimpy because of its sexual predator creator and obvious rapey themes from his fucked mind, I feel like it's one instance where Ross can make a record without worrying about anyone but the license holder getting any money. 

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Oh, I don’t think there’s been a huge shift. The people who have always sprung for these releases are still in here supporting the label.  And those who insist ETR is ran by a goon who capitalizes off gimmick nostalgia, marketed towards adults with too much dispensable income, have all said their peace and moved on.  I don’t believe much has really changed.

I believe people dunked on him cause he did embarrassing stuff like making typos, releasing silly nostalgia-bait titles that don’t really make sense as music releases, and coming up with bizarre/confusing cover EPs. And AFAIK he’s since stopped making as many of the same blunders and being as easy to make fun of. Now, what’s frustrating about him is no longer his follies but the fact that he’s denied all of us of a familiar easy target.

Also he’s solid with customer service which goes a long ways with changing people’s tune.

Edited by Oblivions

6 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I believe people dunked on him cause he did embarrassing stuff like making typos, releasing silly nostalgia-bait titles that don’t really make sense as music releases, and coming up with bizarre/confusing cover EPs. And AFAIK he’s since stopped making as many of the same blunders and being as easy to make fun of. Now, what’s frustrating about him is no longer his follies but the fact that he’s denied all of us of a familiar easy target.

Also he’s solid with customer service which goes a long ways with changing people’s tune.

There was also the part where he was still pressing things (because he got the licensing) even after the actual band that created the album requested he not do it. A lot of people predictably backed the bands and sort of boycotted ETR. It seems like he backed off on 1 or 2 and I haven't heard about this issue since.

18 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

i was gonna say something similar... can we go back to shitting on this trash ass label instead of praising his releases?

Edited by tokimedo

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 1:25 PM, tokimedo said:

i was gonna say something similar... can we go back to shitting on this trash ass label instead of praising his releases?

Ross gives off extreme Michael Jackson vibes but without any of the talent. I'm sure he'd have a nicktoons museum in his house and invite the neighborhood kids over if he could.