ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

6 minutes ago, burndownlosangeles said:

Hell yeah, in for this. Limp Bizkit isn’t even a guilty pleasure. Just pure pleasure.

Yeah, with all the people who ape old emo/pop punk stuff on here, it would be kind of silly to call this a guilty pleasure. There is def a market for this reissue in 2022. I have been on a huge nostalgia kick this year and Limp Bizkit def holds up for me.

24 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The grail hoaders have found out about it, I imagine this PO will be a shitshow lol

They aren’t announcing numbers because they are going to keep pressing the same variants over and over to meet demand. This initial one may be an F5 race, but this is an “unlimited” pressing that will be available later. 

that said, I’m good with my boot and not supporting ETR.  Win win. 

I went thru the first 20 pages of this thread and multi quoted lots of stuff as to shady ass shit ross has done over the years. can we get back to not posting his releases on this board? 

Also, it has just come to light that Ross is an abuser (see bottom) 

On 1/5/2015 at 10:36 AM, gmoney said:

Ahh his eBay items are hilarious. 

Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rob-Zombie-hellbilly-deluxe-180g-SEALED-3-color-swirl-vinyl-lp-reissue-15-500-/271693232956?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f422dbb3c&nma=true&si=8ybJultQaqLMYdm2IEDQvwrraxY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Selling his own release and then the description: "I bought two copies and must say that this album looks and sounds amazing. I took a photo of my opener copy to show how cool the record looks.  I was also lucky enough to get a low #, mine came with #14 and #15 stickers which are the lowest ive seen posted so far."

On 1/5/2015 at 12:02 PM, dreamover said:

Here's another good one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dream-Theater-Images-Words-Red-Yellow-Swirl-Vinyl-Lp-record-BLANK-NO-PROMO-/271651570615?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f3fb203b7

This listing is for an UNPLAYED copy of Dream Theater- Images and words on fireball swirl colored vinyl.  The record was only opened to confirm the color of the lp's. This pressing was released by Brookvale Records & Enjoy The Ride Records in 2013 and was an officially licensed re-issue, promoted by the band. This copy was given to me by a friend who worked on the project so this is a very RARE un numbered copy promo copy of this album. I was told that only 20 of these were not numbered and none of those were really ever made available for sale to the public. Please email me with any additional questions or concerns

On 1/5/2015 at 2:50 PM, molder said:

This IS how rumors start...krockradio24 is my personal account.  I grew up with Ross, we are very close friends, and I help him pack orders all the time.  I purchase a bunch of his releases when they go on sale because I know many of them will sell out and will have resale value.  Times are hard, been without a job for a while, so have been trying to cash in.  Also, images and words was never even sold through ETR, only Brookvale..

On 1/5/2015 at 3:45 PM, gmoney said:

Good to know it's cool to lie to your customers too. Krockradio24 is 100% Ross' eBay account. Or at least it was six months ago. But I bet they magically shared ownership too.

On 1/5/2015 at 4:08 PM, Papi Blanco said:

What I find kind of funny is a few months back, I bought records from someone named "ross" here on VC. His username was "enjoytheride". When I sent payment for the records on paypal, his email was [email protected]. The owner of that email was named "Ross Shotland"... Weird

On 1/7/2015 at 12:57 PM, futures said:

I stood by Ross for the whole Cartel debacle, but I think things have gone too far at this point. He also lied to me directly about something that this thread shed light on. Not cool.

On 1/7/2015 at 1:26 PM, Deadformat401 said:

On 1/7/2015 at 6:39 PM, sspeck said:

Wow, It's about time something was said about the way ETR is ran. There have been multiple run-ins where I have almost said something on the board. When I got back into collecting I was looking for the TSL and TEN 10"s. What do you know, I got an email right away from Ross saying he may have a couple extras "laying" around. We worked out a deal, where Ross kept trying to get more from me. I asked for a certain variant, he said he'd see what he had. I didn't receive the variant I had wanted in the end, plus they arrived with gnarly seam splits. Few months pass and he's giving the variants I wanted away on Modern Vinyl. I feel like he keeps 20+ of his records to resell in the end and a higher rate, there always seems to be an "extra" or a few "found" copies. Which is extremely sad. A year later I contacted him about a couple tests, each time he wanted an outrageous trade or a lot of cash. I did end up working out a trade on a test (I was dumb at the time) 3 weeks went by and a few emails were sent, saying I never received the test. Almost a month later he finally sent out another copy. My guess was he never sent it in the first place, I get that times can get busy, but don't lie and say it was mailed (I never received tracking or anything). Then I had to keep contacting him about a custom jacket, this should not have been my problem. I always got the vibe that he was acting like he was trying to do me a favor, when in the long run it was him benefiting. A lot of shady business going on, I don't like it. Sad that I use to support this label. Any good experience I have had with ETR involved Patrick.

Edit; Sorry for all the errors earlier. I was trying to get this out quickly, while my dogs where freaking out. 

On 1/8/2015 at 9:00 AM, smailtronic said:

Can we start a list of all Ross' screwups so that the next time somebody asks why he gets so much hate, we can just show them the list? I'll start.

ETR002: The Juliana Theory - Music From Another Room EP

*Ross announces the pressing of a 6 song EP on a picture disc for $20. Responds to pricing criticism by saying he has to pay people to help him pack up the records. Ross later lowers the price to ~$17

*When people ask why it's being pressed as a low quality picture disc, Ross blames the band's singer, saying that he wanted them to look like gold and silver records. Pirate's Press offers metallic gold and silver colored records, so Ross could easily have released this without sacficing audio quality.

*Records were packaged extremely poorly, often single records inserted in mailers without any padding. Lots of seam splits as a result. Ross blamed the other person who helped him package up the records.

There was also shit with the RX Bandits, Starting Line, and Early November releases, IIRC. Who wants to fill in the blanks?

On 1/8/2015 at 9:17 AM, gmoney said:

Just in case anyone still doubted what the truth is in this case (and to showcase some further shadiness), this is actually user molder's eBay account: http://www.ebay.com/usr/phaust

Where he happens to also sell ETR releases. No problem. Except he has sold at least six copies of Something Corporate's LTTW on white (which was limited to one a person). 

The more you know...

On 1/8/2015 at 10:47 AM, dreamover said:

Everybody knows Ross has had several incidents where he has purchased licensing from a larger label, then the band finds out about it and publicly calls him out. 

That's not illegal or anything, just a stupid way to business.

Ross has proved again and again that he cares more about making a buck and living off the art of other musicians than he does about "the scene" as he has always claimed. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it happened with New Found Glory, Cartel, and maybe RX Bandits?

On 1/8/2015 at 1:11 PM, yocaseycasey said:

I had variants on the HRC and the Acceptance records. 

When the HRC records went up, shipping from Thunderbeard was cheaper, because our records always shipped for $3-4. He flipped out, accusing me of ruining a release that he had worked hard for 3 years on because I didn't price match him at $5 shipping, which is something we hadn't discussed. 

Ironically, I've been in talks with Ben about releasing YMAEWK - So Young So Insane ever since I released A Great Big Hole. I haven't been "working" on it for 3 years, but it took time to get the files from the engineer and coordinate a release date with Ben (finally happening after his EP is released this Spring). Ross went to Ben and told him he could source the release with a CD. Then he asked people on here and online for a used copy of the disc. 

He was going to source one of his releases with a used 7 year old CD, all while "ruining a release I had worked hard on for 3 years."

Oh, and I spoke with Nic from Cartel via e-mail a few times, and he had a different story than the sugarcoated ending that we all saw in the Chroma thread. 

On 1/8/2015 at 4:17 PM, Michaelgetsboss said:

Ugh I defended this dude and feel stupid, whatever though. I know something that might stop a label from working with him in the future because he put a printed paper in the package with the vinyl saying don't post pictures of it because the label probably wouldn't work with him again if I did, don't want to say what or anything, but yeah he does more shady shit.

On 1/8/2015 at 4:25 PM, Michaelgetsboss said:

It's basically something that isn't supposed to exist, I think more records were made than were agreed upon, and it's a screen printed sleeve for the record that there's a handful of i guess. Id have to look at the print out again to see exactly what it says but that's the gist of it

On 1/8/2015 at 4:39 PM, gmoney said:

It appears Ross printed up 50 additional copies of the Acoustic EP (on half clear/half white) and screen-printed covers for them. Then proceeded to sell or trade them to various people.

Info: http://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/the-early-november-the-acoustic-ep-for-all-of-this-ep-complete-collection/

Record in question: http://stitchesandgrooves.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/image_15.jpg?w=1200&h=

On 1/8/2015 at 5:17 PM, patrickemmons said:

Woah, didn't know he was selling those TEN clear/milky clear - I got one when I did the art for it and was told to never show it to anyone or ever sell it. I still have it

On 1/8/2015 at 7:07 PM, smailtronic said:

This bizarro/secret variant talk got me thinking back to the Juliana Theory picture disc. As is his way, Ross had test presses (white picture discs) up for sale in his store. Not too long after the record was released, a couple dozen plain black test presses for the same release "just showed up" at ETR HQ. Ross had some foldover sleeves made (nice work Patrick), and threw them up for ~$50 each. At the time, it didn't seem like a big deal. But knowing what we know now, it seems quite plausible that Ross might have ordered the second set of tests to pull in an extra ~$1000 out of the release.

to top it all off, his ex (who used to post on these boards) came forward and revealed that he was an abuser.

I dont know about yall, but i wont ever support someone who mentally and physically abuses people.

312042892_650754903229435_15133477461045 

312970571_650754919896100_84884187327586

Edited by tokimedo

All of that sucks big time. Only thing I wouldn't call him out on is licensing records without the band's involvement. Mainly because bands know what they sign to when they sign the contract. If the label exploited them with a bad deal, it's on them for agreeing to a bad deal rather than exploring other options. However it would be nice if the artists had involvement. The rest sucks though.

"For those who have been asking on social media, we are unable to give the pressing information on this release, but if and when we repress this title, they will be available in the same color variants shown above. Please note that these are not mock-ups, they are actual records. Every record is unique and no two will look the same, so please be mindful of that before purchasing."

1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

"For those who have been asking on social media, we are unable to give the pressing information on this release, but if and when we repress this title, they will be available in the same color variants shown above. Please note that these are not mock-ups, they are actual records. Every record is unique and no two will look the same, so please be mindful of that before purchasing."

So lame. Withholding the pressing quantity when every other release you do has the numbers. There’s no way the label said “oh by the way, you can’t let anyone know how many records you are pressing”… as collectors, that’s information you’re looking for when purchasing, and is part of the intake hype/excitement - at least for me.

His motivation isn’t to collect records, just collect money.

7 minutes ago, burndownlosangeles said:

So lame. Withholding the pressing quantity when every other release you do has the numbers. There’s no way the label said “oh by the way, you can’t let anyone know how many records you are pressing”… as collectors, that’s information you’re looking for when purchasing, and is part of the intake hype/excitement - at least for me.

There will be multiple pressings of the same variants. That's why there's no numbers. If they announced 2500 copies or whatever, and then repressed them, people would be pissed that they announced 2500.

23 minutes ago, burndownlosangeles said:

Of course someone selling records isn't motivated by collecting records. What is that even supposed to mean?

45 minutes ago, erikness said:

There will be multiple pressings of the same variants. That's why there's no numbers. If they announced 2500 copies or whatever, and then repressed them, people would be pissed that they announced 2500.

Nothing wrong with wanting to know how many of these are going to be in the wild, especially since it’s an “if/when” scenario.