ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

1 minute ago, burndownlosangeles said:

I’m not being a baby. Someone responded to me and made a generalization that didn’t apply to me, so I gave my opinion on it.

You're literally complaining that everyone who wants a copy will be able to get one. If you actually want it to own it and not sell it for triple the price on Discogs, why do you care how many copies get pressed?

3 minutes ago, erikness said:

You're literally complaining that everyone who wants a copy will be able to get one. If you actually want it to own it and not sell it for triple the price on Discogs, why do you care how many copies get pressed?

I’m not complaining about everyone getting a copy. My initial comment was on how I thought it was lame that ETR was “unable to give the pressing information on this release” when it seems like every other record they sell  has a pressing quantity. Hearing about all the stories involving Ross over the years made that part seem weird and shady to me. Again, I don’t think it’s wrong to want to know pressing numbers, or at the least what this initial pressing quantity is going to be.

I like how everyone just glossed right over the "Ross is an abuser," allegations too.

Like...fuck this guy, amiright? (Ross to clarify. Fuck Ross. He's garbage.)

Edited by 75 percent oof

16 minutes ago, 75 percent oof said:

I like how everyone just glossed right over the "Ross is an abuser," allegations too.

I, personally, was debating setting an alarm and  getting worked up about getting a copy, but reading all that stuff helped me decide against it. 

15 minutes ago, porkdad said:

I, personally, was debating setting an alarm and  getting worked up about getting a copy, but reading all that stuff helped me decide against it. 

Nice to hear, honestly.

He's been a shady dude in his business dealings, and an asshole back when he was on the boards, but this moves him into actual shitbag territory if true.

28 minutes ago, 75 percent oof said:

I definitely didn’t gloss over it.  But the 3-4 posts that immediately followed Toki’s post basically confirmed my suspicion: of any band’s fandom, I would assume that Limp Bizkit’s is probably the most tone-deaf and oblivious to allegations of that variety.

I wasn’t going to say anything about it because I’ve already taken some shots at this release, and figured “moving on” without any more shit-posting would probably be in the best interest of everyone.  But since you mentioned it and literally 1 or 2 people at most have said anything about it today… here I am.  Ya’ got me.

If anyone wants to accuse me of “riding a high horse” when I say that I’ve literally never given Ross or his label a penny, I’ll die on this steed.  Trash human runs a trash label specializing in trash music.  Who coulda’ pieced that together?

Note that this isn’t a jab at anyone who’s admitted to enjoying garbage like Limp Bizkit, ironically or not.  Historically though, I mean look at what this dude churns out.  It’s all cartoon soundtracks and liquid filled video game OSTs, with some occasional high school emo pop / punk sprinkled in for good measure.

None of this will stop the determined nostalgia bruhs from scrambling to buy this on Friday.  It will sell out in moments and Ross will continue to print money by regurgitating more copies of the same variants ad nauseam.  But at least now I’ve properly bitched about it.

1 hour ago, burndownlosangeles said:

I’m not being a baby. Someone responded to me and made a generalization that didn’t apply to me, so I gave my opinion on it.

Adding the "but OK" at the end is totally being a baby. That's what people do when they're making a pouty post. We aren't stupid.

I already knew Ross was a loser, but now he’s an abusive piece of shit too, wow. Like I didn’t have enough reason to strongly dislike this dude. Every time someone posts on Reddit a release of his I link them to the aforementioned examples of who they’re giving their money to. Echo what @Derek™said. I don’t care if this dude sold my holy grail record for $1; I’d rather not have it then give him anything. I’m sure this will die down again, repress Hey Arnold, people will buy it, more gimmick releases, and maybe in a year have this convo again. 

On 10/26/2022 at 3:30 AM, tokimedo said:

I went thru the first 20 pages of this thread and multi quoted lots of stuff as to shady ass shit ross has done over the years. can we get back to not posting his releases on this board? 

Also, it has just come to light that Ross is an abuser (see bottom) 

to top it all off, his ex (who used to post on these boards) finally admitted that he was an abuser.

I dont know about yall, but i wont ever support someone who mentally and physically abuses people.

312042892_650754903229435_15133477461045 

312970571_650754919896100_84884187327586

This makes me feel like Artax

18 minutes ago, mitchard said:

So, ETR probably got the distribution rights from the label (Interscope still, I assume?), who has authority to release the music without the band's consent. Sounds like Fred understand how those major label contracts work? 

I love how y'all just believe bands should have been psychic about the vinyl resurgence when signing record deals in the year 2000. Don't defend shitty Ross doing shitty things please.