ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

Just to add to the confirmation that Ross is krockradio I'll just post this screenshot from a transaction I had with him.

lgLF1Gy.png

And to add to the confirmation of his shifty business practices - I was paying a lot for a record he released and after I sent him the money for it, he comes back and asks for more for shipping.

it cant. cause rambo threatens that if this derails hell lock it right back up.

dont ruin the fun for everyone over some cat gifs. 

No I didn't. But of course you'd try and make this situation about me ;)

Oh please not this again..seriously

Nope. Just pointing out that I never said that and find it funny this particular person would insist I had.

I'm sure toki just interpreted this post wrong. Of course any thread has the possibility of being locked.

I'm not sure everyone understands why this thread was locked in the first place.

Basically, things got pretty heavy and the mods put a pause on it. A conversation was opened with a couple of us and the mods to go over the information that we had. The mods agreed that it was substantial enough that people might want to be informed and opened it back up.

Can we start a list of all Ross' screwups so that the next time somebody asks why he gets so much hate, we can just show them the list? I'll start.

ETR002: The Juliana Theory - Music From Another Room EP

*Ross announces the pressing of a 6 song EP on a picture disc for $20. Responds to pricing criticism by saying he has to pay people to help him pack up the records. Ross later lowers the price to ~$17

*When people ask why it's being pressed as a low quality picture disc, Ross blames the band's singer, saying that he wanted them to look like gold and silver records. Pirate's Press offers metallic gold and silver colored records, so Ross could easily have released this without sacficing audio quality.

*Records were packaged extremely poorly, often single records inserted in mailers without any padding. Lots of seam splits as a result. Ross blamed the other person who helped him package up the records.

There was also shit with the RX Bandits, Starting Line, and Early November releases, IIRC. Who wants to fill in the blanks?

Didn't he secure the rights to an NFG release? Catalyst I think it was, then got slapped via Twitter by Chad Gilbert about planning to release it without the band's consent. Not that this is a new thing lately.

Didn't he secure the rights to an NFG release? Catalyst I think it was, then got slapped via Twitter by Chad Gilbert about planning to release it without the band's consent. Not that this is a new thing lately.

i'm about to dig thru twitter to find these tweets. About how long ago did this happen?

Tracking is FREE with Media Mail if you print labels online but he doesn't. He still tapes addresses onto box and takes EVERY order to his local post office where they are each weighed and a label is printed. 

oh my god. i would hate to work at his post office. or be in line behind him.

Everybody knows Ross has had several incidents where he has purchased licensing from a larger label, then the band finds out about it and publicly calls him out. 

That's not illegal or anything, just a stupid way to business.

Ross has proved again and again that he cares more about making a buck and living off the art of other musicians than he does about "the scene" as he has always claimed. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it happened with New Found Glory, Cartel, and maybe RX Bandits?

Everybody knows Ross has had several incidents where he has purchased licensing from a larger label, then the band finds out about it and publicly calls him out. 

That's not illegal or anything, just a stupid way to business.

Ross has proved again and again that he cares more about making a buck and living off the art of other musicians than he does about "the scene" as he has always claimed. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it happened with New Found Glory, Cartel, and maybe RX Bandits?

And Third Eye Blind.

i'm about to dig thru twitter to find these tweets. About how long ago did this happen?

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/66925-nfg-catalyst/

Just to add to the confirmation that Ross is krockradio I'll just post this screenshot from a transaction I had with him.

lgLF1Gy.png

And to add to the confirmation of his shifty business practices - I was paying a lot for a record he released and after I sent him the money for it, he comes back and asks for more for shipping.

I forgot, but he did this to me as well. I believe I had to pay shipping for the test and regular variant, then had to pay for the jacket also. This was for the "second" test, seeing the first one got "lost" in the mail. After the trade worked out, he didn't send a thing for shipping.

I lost upvotes in about three pages.

I do find it weird that the Mods are letting this one go for so long but whenever SRC and there shady business practices get brought up they get locked and we are told to "be posi only".

If you were paying attention to that last situation then you would know that neither myself or jhulud locked that thread. Thanks for playing.

I lost upvotes in about three pages.

I do find it weird that the Mods are letting this one go for so long but whenever SRC and there shady business practices get brought up they get locked and we are told to "be posi only".

It was my understanding that Admin locked those threads because they all turned into joke threads and got off topic. I am under the impression that the mods (rambo and jhulud) did not lock those. So technically SRC (who owns these boards) locked the threads that were bad mouthing SRC. That's a WHOLE other topic and should probably be left for other threads.

I have nothing but good things to say about how rambo and jhulud have handled this current situation. And I'll leave it at that.