ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

This is the barrier between common users and peace keepers like Juan and myself. You are guys welcome to be as pissed off as you want, however, there are people band wagoning the situation and going after him off the boards using criticism they clearly grabbed from this specific thread. That puts a negative stigma on the entire community. When we ask you guys to take it back a notch it shouldn't come across as "warnings, threats of locks, and aggressive comments," we're just trying to not let this get out of hand. If this thread were about Thunderbeard Records I'd have the same feelings towards the issue. You're a person with a life and family and don't need to be hounded on all outlets, especially by some random kid who's only doing it for a laugh and will probably turn around and order the next ETR release.

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I just want to remind everyone why Ross doesn't need any defense. He already had his lawyer, "molder" doing his dirty work. he claimed to be the owner of ross's ebay account, claim to have no job (and really need the money!), and this gem:

Dear scary omnipresent being (aka dreamover aka nick),

I am so happy that you have enough time in your life to troll these message boards due to your own failed adventures.  You scare me so much that you know I am a lawyer….ooooooh.

You probably found this out from Patrick, who is the only other person on VC who knows this (unless you are a REALLY useless troll and found out other ways).  Even if you didn’t, let me tell you something about Patrick.  He thinks he is high and mighty, but did you know that Ross and I fronted him $2k for a project we were working on because he had to move, held onto about $2k worth of records of ours, and then proceeded to never complete the task we paid him for?  Then he magically decided that his pedal business was too important.  Oh yea, Abominable Electronics, he did that ALL by himself right?  Oh wait…I provided easily $1-2k in legal fees for creating his company and making sure it is ok.  I set up everything on the business front to make sure it would run smooth.  Then what does he proceed to do?  He kicks me out because my cut was too big, and then gave discounts equal to, and bigger than, than the cut I was taking.  Little does he know that I am a founding member, and legally, North Carolina thinks I am a half owner of the company.  Don’t believe me?  Be the troll that you are and do a search of NC LLCs.

(above not as relevant to conversation, but included for context)

Law school.  Ohhhh every lawyer crushes it and is rich.  I MUST be doing well if I am a lawyer.  For your information, I am only recently employed.  Also, do you realize how much it cost to be a lawyer.  College - $150,000, Law school - $150,000.  By my calculations, I think that means I could use to earn a little bit more money when I have the chance.  But you know what, I AM on my way to crushing it.  But don’t worry, I won’t forget about you.  In a few years I will be sure to give you a rag to wipe off my cum after you are under my desk choking on my dick.

Now I will proceed to never come back on the VC because I ACTUALLY have more important things to do with my time.  Yes, I like to sue people, I’m scum…deal with it.  Keep it up, and maybe you’ll find yourself on the end of a federal cyber bullying suit.

Why are we defending these assholes, Rambo?

Do you really believe random people who have no connection to this at all are finding this thread in the depths of the internet and taking people's sentences out of context to harass Ross's instagram? That is more insane than Ross's posts in this thread.

I honestly can't tell if you're trying to play devil's advocate and defend who you (presumably) see as an underdog in order to keep the boards neutral. You should probably note that there have been uncountable numbers of people who have blindly defended Ross over the years. Many of them admitting in this thread they wish they hadn't. Yet, there are still a few that have come to his aid, usually embarrassingly trying to change the subject. Regardless, the dude has lawyer(s) willing to lie for him. He doesn't need you.

I can speak for both Jared (Rambo) and myself and state that we're not defending Ross at all. We're staying as neutral as possible and have more in mind with keeping the peace here as has been stated.

It does come across lost in translation when written and how it is written. Just like anything else posted online.

So with that being said, no need to attack Jared or myself and accuse either of us of defending the guy. (To be fair, no one has attacked me at any point but just saying.) People can and will formulate their own ideas and opinions on ETR and Ross after reading up on all the info that is out there.

Let's all be friends here now. KTHXBYE.

;)

I honestly can't tell if you're trying to play devil's advocate and defend who you (presumably) see as an underdog in order to keep the boards neutral.

My cross to bear. I stay in the grey and it's almost demanded that I take a side. People dissect any response and even bring up two year old drama to try and pressure a decision (I guess).

I just have to ask, what is the end game? No matter what someone like Ross or Adam does from this point forward they'll never salvage their reputation here. I just don't see why the community needs to stoop to a lower level and drive the point home in every regard, using the subject's fuck-ups as an excuse to be cruel.

I just don't see why the community needs to stoop to a lower level and drive the point home in every regard, using their subject's fuck-ups as an excuse to be cruel.

I think it has everything to do (in those two examples at least) of a lack of owning up to the situation and just offering a simple apology. Both of the people mentioned have consistently skated around the issue, and then end up just not posting here all together. Or, when they do post, it's again a red herring comment that dodges the issue or diverts blame onto another party, making them look even shittier.

I guarantee that if Ross steps up and just apologizes, people will lay off and this thread will die. I'm not saying it'll change anyone's opinion about him, but I think we would see a substantial decrease in the hazing in this theead.

I guarantee that if Ross steps up and just apologizes, people will lay off and this thread will die. I'm not saying it'll change anyone's opinion about him, but I think we would see a substantial decrease in the hazing in this theead.

It's safe to say that he will never apologize and accept/recognize responsibility for his actions. At least as far as I see it.

If he hasn't done it already, then he never will.

It's a bit of a shame really b/c that's all people really want. Just to step and own up to those actions and behaviors and have the clarity that people are asking for. You'd figure that something like wouldn't be that hard to accomplish, but too often the ego is in the way.

My cross to bear. I stay in the grey and it's almost demanded that I take a side. People dissect any response and even bring up two year old drama to try and pressure a decision (I guess).

I just have to ask, what is the end game? No matter what someone like Ross or Adam does from this point forward they'll never salvage their reputation here. I just don't see why the community needs to stoop to a lower level and drive the point home in every regard, using their subject's fuck-ups as an excuse to be cruel.

You are not, as you suggest, "staying in the grey". The fact is, you have an easy time complaining about "the community" when, in fact, the community is made up of hundreds of individuals. Of course, some of those people are going to be annoying or not have much to contribute. But a lot of us do have something to contribute. For years, this guy has gotten away with pulling shit with this community. I (and many others who have confided in me) just don't think he deserves to slide. If this community can't talk about that without being told to "let it go", then it's a shitty community. Plain and simple. 

By complaining about the imperfect community you are "moderating", you are effectively defending Ross's actions. You can deny that until the end of the world, but make no mistake, you are helping his mission. 

As far as our "end game"... I don't think that's the point. A lot of folks feel burned by Ross. They're going to do what they want to do to feel better. If that means tweeting at him or commenting on his facebook or writing an article in the newspaper, then that's their decision. This board doesn't need to feel responsible. If people want to let other folks know about his shitty business practices and his lawyer buddy, then that's their choice. Some people want to see him go out of business. I think he deserves nothing less. That's not my goal though. My goal is to inform otherwise uninformed people where their money is going so they can make their own decisions. 

I just have to ask, what is the end game? No matter what someone like Ross or Adam does from this point forward they'll never salvage their reputation here. I just don't see why the community needs to stoop to a lower level and drive the point home in every regard, using the subject's fuck-ups as an excuse to be cruel.

It's best to keep these things in dicussion as people are still buying records from Adam or Ross and still to this day getting ripped off. What dream over is doing is a service to the community by keeping people Informed and equipping them with the knowledge of the truth. What they do With it is on them at that point and no one else.

It's best to keep these things in dicussion as people are still buying records from Adam or Ross and still to this day getting ripped off. What dream over is doing is a service to the community by keeping people Informed and equipping them with the knowledge of the truth. What they do With it is on them at that point and no one else.

i agree. it's like musicinveins11, whose life purpose is to slink around ebay literally all day and scam people out of $20 records (or, in my case, four 99-cent records -- SERIOUSLY?). that thread is still alive and kicking with new information turning up about that knucklehead every day, and every day we are protecting people whom this guy scams, and they google-search his name and address and hey! a VC thread, of encyclopedic depth, pops up.

the purpose of keeping alive the discussions regarding ross (and adam) is to prevent other potential consumers, with no prior experience with these dirtbags, from the possibly enduring the same fate as we. sometimes, the discussion turns less than civil, and for that i can't say i'm proud. (edit: deleted my previous post for this very reason.) but i don't think we should be faulted for not only having a conscience but also passionately trying to protect others from financial harm (and mental harm, too, because this kind of bullshit drives people crazy, as you can see).

Its going to be really funny when the next thing he presses turns out to be something that everyone on VC really wants.  Tons of people who have shit on him (for good reason) will be secretly buying it. 

I posted this a week ago.

I really want the new TFoT albums on vinyl, so I guess I'll be an idiot.

Guess we'll see just how strong some peoples' conviction is

You're just an asshole if you buy from him at this point.

I'm pretty ignorant on whatever happened, and am not going to read through 53 pages of butthurt and circlejerk. I have no problems buying a copy of Doppelganger from him or Equal Vision (if they do a release like last time).