ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

Who cares? I really don't give a F how he sells his records. If this helps him stay in business then whatever.

I think the fact that he had someone lie and try to cover up for him that seems to be more of a concern. And the fact that he's read this thread multiple times and had nothing to say - indicating he was complacent in the lie.

I just want some FoT records at a good retail price from the source who still has copies of s/t, Doppelganger and Manipulator available. Ross, if you read this I am still interested in Doppelganger. Someone sold it for $25 here recently and if you could spare a copy, I'd appreciate it, but not at flipper prices.

I just want some FoT records at a good retail price from the source who still has copies of s/t, Doppelganger and Manipulator available. Ross, if you read this I am still interested in Doppelganger. Someone sold it for $25 here recently and if you could spare a copy, I'd appreciate it, but not at flipper prices.

Probably not gonna happen. He sold me mine for $45 about 4 months. 

Again, Ross, if you're reading this: I have absolutely no beef with you and think you get a lot of shit on these boards for no reason from people who have nothing better to do than complain about others' success. But this specific thing is dumb. Just admit it's your eBay account and move on.

This isn't the first time where he's done something to warrant criticism. For you to imply that this isn't a reflection on how he has always done business is pretty naive. 

In order for people to "give him shit" because they're jealous of his success would mean those same people would give other "successful" labels shit as well. 

That doesn't seem to be the circumstance here. 

Ross gets criticism on here for very real reasons. 

For instance, Scott, I don't really like you as a person, but I have absolutely no issues with how you run your label. You sell records for normal prices and don't make up bullshit excuses to sell them for more. You don't flip special variants of your records on eBay under a fake username and claim your house burned down.

I have bought records from you and have had no complaints. If you release good music, I will buy it. 

If you constantly lie and bullshit here in order to take advantage of newer members, then I will not support you and I will do what I can do warn others and I hope I'm not the only one.

man this is some wacky stuff. couldn't see myself selling bad timing stuff on eBay unless we did it with a portion of proceeds going to charity or something. 

then again me and Zack do not rely on BTR for income so i'm not gonna hate on him for trying to keep his head above water. that being said, he mainly does reissues and after doing a reissue myself that sold out completely...well, those make a lot of money. it helped my label massively to start with Acceptance and use that profit to press future releases.

Holy crap! Gold mine here! I also stood by Ross for the Cartel stuff but this is making it hard for me to like/support him. I haven't bought a release since Cartel and before that it was probably a Harvard album. I've been pretty displeased with his releases lately which is fine it's his business but I feel like ETR has gone downhill pretty fast since that whole Cartel nonsense.

I kind of feel ripped off now since I bought both of my Harvard test presses directly from him. Prices were pretty high but I really wanted those tests. This whole ebay thing reminds me of why I have a hard time supporting No Sleep Records. They sell their tests for outrageous prices on ebay but at least they are up front about it.

Patrick I was wondering why you guys haven't been doing releases together lately. Sorry to hear things went south! I've always enjoyed my screened jackets and my The Bear Romantic test is legit. I'll PM you about doing some personal screening for some tests I have if you're down.

This whole ebay thing reminds me of why I have a hard time supporting No Sleep Records. They sell their tests for outrageous prices on ebay but at least they are up front about it.

They start their auctions at $.99, so it's not them driving up the prices.  Also, especially in the last two rounds of listings, things didn't go for as much as they had in the past (except for La Dispute and Balance and Composure which always go for crazy prices).

Edit: after getting a chance to look at the evidence it's clear there is more going on here. We don't have a problem with users discussing topics like this but we ask that you all keep the name-calling and one-liner jokes to a minimum. Gross immaturity prevents any constructive conversation and we need to keep in mind someone's livelihood and reputation are at stake. I assume everyone here is able to behave like an adult and wants to know what is going on. The thread is unlocked, but consider this a fair warning that if you're going to act like a bully you will be treated like a bully.

Glad to see this was unlocked. I don't have anything to add to the discussion other than it's super interesting and I hope people keep things civil so it doesn't get locked again. I'd love to see Ross respond to all this but I can't see it happening.

Glad to see this was unlocked. I don't have anything to add to the discussion other than it's super interesting and I hope people keep things civil so it doesn't get locked again. I'd love to see Ross respond to all this but I can't see it happening.

I am off vc for a few days and come back to a shit storm.  Sorry, I have been mia but we had 3 releases go on sale last week and have been in the process of shipping out those orders. I checked vc a couple nights ago ago and didn’t see any of this.

To set the record straight. It is an account which a bunch of my friends and I have used since 1999 hence it having a pretty high positive feedback.  In the past some stuff for sale has been mine, some stuff has been my friends and some even my friends selling stuff for their parents(hence the meteorite up right now which I didn’t even know until someone pointed it out).  Regardless, in this particular case for the etr albums sold on that account recently, None of those were mine. They were one of my friend’s who is a semi active member of the board and already commented/ admit to it apparently the other day. The hrvrd cd/dvd up now is mine and I had a descendants xmas sweater up a couple months ago which didn’t sell.  It seems the same couple people clearly have issues with me, which is fine. Like I always say “Haters gonna hate”. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to me knowledge those people never purchased records from me in the first place.  I hope that clears things up

On a more productive note: To update anyone who has placed orders through the webstore in the last two weeks. I have been in the process of packing everything up and have mailed out 300 out of 600 or so orders so far with another 50 being packed up tonight. Sorry to everyone for the delay and hope everyone had a happy new year

I am off vc for a few days and come back to a shit storm.  Sorry, I have been mia but we had 3 releases go on sale last week and have been in the process of shipping out those orders. I checked vc a couple nights ago ago and didn’t see any of this.

First lie.

On the bottom of the page it says who is actively reading the thread. You or someone who you also share your VC username (right!) with was logged in and reading this thread all day yesterday.

Please stop.

To set the record straight. It is an account which a bunch of my friends and I have used since 1999 hence it having a pretty high positive feedback.  In the past some stuff for sale has been mine, some stuff has been my friends and some even my friends selling stuff for their parents(hence the meteorite up right now which I didn’t even know until someone pointed it out).  

Second lie.

Your "friend" said it was HIS PERSONAL ACCOUNT. Not that he shares with you.

This IS how rumors start...krockradio24 is my personal account.  I grew up with Ross, we are very close friends, and I help him pack orders all the time.  I purchase a bunch of his releases when they go on sale because I know many of them will sell out and will have resale value.  Times are hard, been without a job for a while, so have been trying to cash in.  Also, images and words was never even sold through ETR, only Brookvale..

For the record Ross, Ive bought many releases from you (mostly when you were just starting out) and have never had an issue with your label personally. I definitely don't consider myself a hater as I just bought the RBF release and will probably buy more releases from you if I like the music. But multiple people using the same ebay account sounds, well, weird at the very least. Since you have to have one PayPal account tied to the ebay account, is everyone sharing the same PayPal? How does the logistics of that work when one person sells something and wants to use the funds? Just genuinely curious as it is one of the more bizarre explanations I've heard and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.