ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

As much as people here hate record flippers, many complain but have done it themselves. Even a label flipping its own releases on ebay is somewhat common place these days. But Ross/ETR's practices like lying, outright bypassing bands to license records, and all the other shitty things just show's how unscrupulous he behaves.

As much as people here hate record flippers, many complain but have done it themselves. Even a label flipping its own releases on ebay is somewhat common place these days. But Ross/ETR's practices like lying, outright bypassing bands to license records, and all the other shitty things just show's how unscrupulous he behaves.

That's a good point, man. I see people talking shit about flippers in one thread, and flipping blonk-fun82 in another. That being said, I think we should all be grateful for the amount of people here who are happy to sell things at cost when someone misses out on a release or they have doubles. That's the kind of shit that makes VC great.

Anyway, to remain on topic - yeah, Ross takes it to a whole 'nother level. And he's reading the thread now. Hi, Ross!

"After explaining the entire situation at hand and helping me understand the chain of events in the past few days, we had a really confusing interview on hand. Typing it out would’ve been really lengthy and complicated to follow."

That is some lazy ass journalism if you ask me. 

It appears Ross printed up 50 additional copies of the Acoustic EP (on half clear/half white) and screen-printed covers for them. Then proceeded to sell or trade them to various people.

Info: http://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/the-early-november-the-acoustic-ep-for-all-of-this-ep-complete-collection/

Record in question: http://stitchesandgrooves.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/image_15.jpg?w=1200&h=

In regard to the TEN acoustic pressing....here is what happened which led to me not taking pre orders on any albums anymore

In 2011 we pre did pre orders for the TEN box set prior to them being pressed which inevitably sold out quick.

When they arrived, one box (10 copies) we warped and the plant told us that the lowest run they could press was 50 copies and since they were already sold & everything else was printed we had no choice really, I had to make 50 more in order to fulfill those orders.

so 10 people who ordered the box at the time actually that clear variant but i believe with the normal jacket along with a note explaining what happened.  

The final 40 copies I had nothing to do with so at the time patrick made jackets and they have more or less sat in my garage unless someone emails me asking if I have any leftover copies to which I usually explain what happened and ask to either trade or I have accepted $20 a few times. Many have been given out to people I worked with on graphic and helping me pack orders etc....  I did a 5 or 10 rsd bundle's on my site with a bunch of older stock in april which I also included one of these in each, along with a note to not post about it knowing people would freak out and mainly because my contract was for 500 copies and due to some being warped we ended up with 540.  Regardless, as you can see most of them are still in my garage

16238489185_f85a56e816.jpg

In regards to people bringing up the past drama of cartel, nfg, rx bandits etc..... All of which has been discussed and explained in the corresponding thread while they were happening. For the record, there are at least a dozen releases which I have been given the go ahead by the label or by whoever owns the masters and once I approached the band or management, I ended up backing rejecting the contract offer because they either weren't cool with it or had their own plans. Every single release I have approached members of the band and/or management to offer a way to work something out, be it an exclusive variant which I will sell to them at cost for web or tour or simply getting their input and approval on artwork layout and test presses. More often than not, the band's are fine with us pressing it and we work something out which benefits everyone based on the band's current situation. I always send multiple emails over the course of the process, starting when I get any sort of initial approval from the label prior to any contract being signed or anything being definite so if there is an issue then Its not a whole ordeal with the label. Basically once I get word that whatever album is available to license I then get in touch with the band, which specifically chad from nfg had issues with and he felt I should have approached them first. I very much understand both sides of that argument but in reality 75% of the albums I request to re-issue gets turned down by the label & approaching the manager or band members prior is a waste of everyone's time. Only a handful of you on here have licensed from a major label and needless to say, it is a very long and drawn out process, some releases have taken well over 2 years including some still in the works. Regardless, in those past situation with Nfg, 3eb etc....none of those releases ever ended up coming out via ETR because the artist's expressed having their own plans and that was the end of it. In regards to cartel & rx bandits, multiple members of the band and their management knew about it long before they came out but the full story of those are in those threads and given that I am trying to keep this short, dig it up if your interested

In response to "flipping" records. As I stated earlier in the thread, that ebay account has been used a friend for himself and sometime for his parents stuff since i was a freshman in high school, before I had a credit card. You can see the account was started almost 15 years ago and has really high feedback which is why its still in use for some things. You can believe me or not but thats the truth in regards to that account. The fact that a life long friend of mine selling a handful of records on ebay spawning this entire thing is beyond me. 

Have I ever sold or traded records to customers/people via email or social media, Yes. The thing that no one in this thread is accounting for is the fact that almost every hot topic exclusive has over run copies which are sent to me which I am not allowed to sell on my site since they are hot topic exclusives. Once albums are sold out, sometimes people email me who got into vinyl recently asking if I have any extra copies of a particular release. As I am sure many of you have seen on various social media comments, i always respond to email me without hiding the fact that I do have a few extra copies of each release but again those more often than not over run copies. I also keep usually 5 copies of each variant (for ETR exclusive stuff) in case of loss or damage in transit and I need to send out another copy.

That is also partially what the grab bag listing was for in the first place, to find "fun" way to get rid of the extra stock and overrun's while also getting rid of some releases which arent selling so fast. Contrary to what people may think, a decent amount of the grab bag's had and have oop stuff for under what they cost originally including tfot albums, soco, dustin kensure, rob zombie, hrvrd to name a few.  On the bottom of the listing itself, it states to list which prior etr releases you had, if any for a reason. Not only so I don't give you a duplicate copy but also so I have some sort of an idea of what kind of music you like.  I totally understand that I have pressed a variety of genres, some of which are hated by fans of others. I totally get why someone would be pissed at getting a good charlotte record if they arent into pop punk but without any indication of who you are or what else your into, its really hard to blindly choose and get you something your gonna be happy with.

In response to "flipping" records. As I stated earlier in the thread, that ebay account has been used a friend for himself and sometime for his parents stuff since i was a freshman in high school, before I had a credit card. You can see the account was started almost 15 years ago and has really high feedback which is why its still in use for some things. You can believe me or not but thats the truth in regards to that account. The fact that a life long friend of mine selling a handful of records on ebay spawning this entire thing is beyond me. 

Ross - why are you still lying about this?

Your friend who came in here has his on eBay account to flip your records (one of which he has sold minimum SIX of that you limited to one per person).

You went back and deleted an old post claiming it was yours.

You honestly want people to believe you?

In regard to the TEN acoustic pressing....here is what happened which led to me not taking pre orders on any albums anymore

In 2011 we pre did pre orders for the TEN box set prior to them being pressed which inevitably sold out quick.

When they arrived, one box (10 copies) we warped and the plant told us that the lowest run they could press was 50 copies and since they were already sold & everything else was printed we had no choice really, I had to make 50 more in order to fulfill those orders.

so 10 people who ordered the box at the time actually that clear variant but i believe with the normal jacket along with a note explaining what happened.  

The final 40 copies I had nothing to do with so at the time patrick made jackets and they have more or less sat in my garage unless someone emails me asking if I have any leftover copies to which I usually explain what happened and ask to either trade or I have accepted $20 a few times. Many have been given out to people I worked with on graphic and helping me pack orders etc....  I did a 5 or 10 rsd bundle's on my site with a bunch of older stock in april which I also included one of these in each, along with a note to not post about it knowing people would freak out and mainly because my contract was for 500 copies and due to some being warped we ended up with 540.  Regardless, as you can see most of them are still in my garage

16238489185_f85a56e816.jpg

In regards to people bringing up the past drama of cartel, nfg, rx bandits etc..... All of which has been discussed and explained in the corresponding thread while they were happening. For the record, there are at least a dozen releases which I have been given the go ahead by the label or by whoever owns the masters and once I approached the band or management, I ended up backing rejecting the contract offer because they either weren't cool with it or had their own plans. Every single release I have approached members of the band and/or management to offer a way to work something out, be it an exclusive variant which I will sell to them at cost for web or tour or simply getting their input and approval on artwork layout and test presses. More often than not, the band's are fine with us pressing it and we work something out which benefits everyone based on the band's current situation. I always send multiple emails over the course of the process, starting when I get any sort of initial approval from the label prior to any contract being signed or anything being definite so if there is an issue then Its not a whole ordeal with the label. Basically once I get word that whatever album is available to license I then get in touch with the band, which specifically chad from nfg had issues with and he felt I should have approached them first. I very much understand both sides of that argument but in reality 75% of the albums I request to re-issue gets turned down by the label & approaching the manager or band members prior is a waste of everyone's time. Only a handful of you on here have licensed from a major label and needless to say, it is a very long and drawn out process, some releases have taken well over 2 years including some still in the works. Regardless, in those past situation with Nfg, 3eb etc....none of those releases ever ended up coming out via ETR because the artist's expressed having their own plans and that was the end of it. In regards to cartel & rx bandits, multiple members of the band and their management knew about it long before they came out but the full story of those are in those threads and given that I am trying to keep this short, dig it up if your interested

Have I ever sold or traded records to customers/people via email or social media, Yes. The thing that no one in this thread is accounting for is the fact that almost every hot topic exclusive has over run copies which are sent to me which I am not allowed to sell on my site since they are hot topic exclusives. Once albums are sold out, sometimes people email me who got into vinyl recently asking if I have any extra copies of a particular release. As I am sure many of you have seen on various social media comments, i always respond to email me without hiding the fact that I do have a few extra copies of each release but again those more often than not over run copies. I also keep usually 5 copies of each variant (for ETR exclusive stuff) in case of loss or damage in transit and I need to send out another copy.

That is also partially what the grab bag listing was for in the first place, to find "fun" way to get rid of the extra stock and overrun's while also getting rid of some releases which arent selling so fast. Contrary to what people may think, a decent amount of the grab bag's had and have oop stuff for under what they cost originally including tfot albums, soco, dustin kensure, rob zombie, hrvrd to name a few.  On the bottom of the listing itself, it states to list which prior etr releases you had, if any for a reason. Not only so I don't give you a duplicate copy but also so I have some sort of an idea of what kind of music you like.  I totally understand that I have pressed a variety of genres, some of which are hated by fans of others. I totally get why someone would be pissed at getting a good charlotte record if they arent into pop punk but without any indication of who you are or what else your into, its really hard to blindly choose and get you something your gonna be happy with.

Can I get one of those Doppelganger's if I pay for the Mystery Grab Bag?

That's a very interesting response. But like gkersey brought up, the eBay account story still has some holes. Such as originally saying a "bunch of friends," and then changing it to "a friend." Honestly, I'm done. The fact that it's taking this long to address all this stuff when we clearly see he's looking at the thread is annoying. I understand that's just how business works sometimes, but it's really shady looking.