ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

Looking at the profiles of the people on instagram who are commenting about buying these, this is exactly right.

Five years from now these kids will have given up on vinyl and will be selling these off for a couple bucks (if not outright giving them away)

Yup, totally me.  I just collect vinyl to look cool - once the fad passes, I'm selling them all for 1/4 of what I bought them for!  ;)

So much hate geared toward some nostalgia cashgrab, but people fanboying about the nth press of Blink 182 or a reissue of Deja Entendu.

If this wasn't released by a douchebag, would people think this was a cool thing to own? Is it only the fact that a universally despised flipper is monetizing our childhoods that makes people hate this record?  It's a legitimate question.

There's so much unabashed elitism in this thread, yet half of you are still buying it anyways.

Yup, totally me.  I just collect vinyl to look cool - once the fad passes, I'm selling them all for 1/4 of what I bought them for!  ;)

So much hate geared toward some nostalgia cashgrab, but people fanboying about the nth press of Blink 182 or a reissue of Deja Entendu.

If this wasn't released by a douchebag, would people think this was a cool thing to own? Is it only the fact that a universally despised flipper is monetizing our childhoods that makes people hate this record?  It's a legitimate question.

There's so much unabashed elitism in this thread, yet half of you are still buying it anyways.

totally what it looks like. Half the ppl ITT are saying "well i'd like to have that, but fuck that guy...." the thing sold out regardless of the stance you took. Did you get what you wanted? or are you still taking a stand on a internet forum full of ppl you'll never meet?

This is something I wouldn't have purchased anyway, because it's pretty stupid... Do I really want to spend that kind of money for something I will maybe listen to once? Nah, I can buy something I'll enjoy repeatedly for the same amount.

That said, see response below:

totally what it looks like. Half the ppl ITT are saying "well i'd like to have that, but fuck that guy...." the thing sold out regardless of the stance you took. Did you get what you wanted? or are you still taking a stand on a internet forum full of ppl you'll never meet?

I won't be buying anything from Ross in the future whether it's going to sell out or not, based on my own feelings about his practices. It has nothing to do with what anyone else on here thinks, it's the internet, who cares? I just don't like his business practices. It's like people who don't shop at ::insert chain store:: because they don't like them for whatever reason.

People are still going to shop there, so does it really make a difference? Probably not, but it makes them feel better that they're not supporting them and this makes me feel good for not supporting his business.

Yup, totally me. I just collect vinyl to look cool - once the fad passes, I'm selling them all for 1/4 of what I bought them for! ;)

If this wasn't released by a douchebag, would people think this was a cool thing to own? Is it only the fact that a universally despised flipper is monetizing our childhoods that makes people hate this record? It's a legitimate question.

Chances are those recordings are of the actual band.

And no. Chances are half of the ppl here didn't buy them. As much as he's fucked ppl over here loyalty actually exists.

Ask if you don't know about that one.

U guys are judging us who want to spend $18 to hear Silly Ross play tribute versions of our favorite songs from Doig. But it's u who are the ones who have to pay the largest cost, as your soul can not be healthy with this hate in yor heart. You tell us what to do but u are the ones who are afraid to look in the mirror...because you know you want to buy these but you are afraid to be who u are.

U guys are judging us who want to spend $18 to hear Silly Ross play tribute versions of our favorite songs from Doig. But it's u who are the ones who have to pay the largest cost, as your soul can not be healthy with this hate in yor heart. You tell us what to do but u are the ones who are afraid to look in the mirror...because you know you want to buy these but you are afraid to be who u are.

HAHAHAH holy shit

Chances are those recordings are of the actual band.

And no. Chances are half of the ppl here didn't buy them. As much as he's fucked ppl over here loyalty actually exists.

Ask if you don't know about that one.

Oh, I know all about his uncouth practices.  But it's more about the product he's selling then the person selling them.  Otherwise, Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Liam Gallagher, Tom DeLonge, Ryan Adams, Morrissey (not the poster here), Metallica, Guns N Roses, Weeknd, Neil Young, Queens of the Stone Age, Sonic Youth... I could go on... wouldn't have careers if their discourteous fan-hatred and bastard attitudes overshadowed the product they were selling.

As for the Nickelodeon record (not the Doug one, which I'm not buying), they're all the original songs. These aren't covers.  This was a album that was previously released in 1998 through Kid Rhino. He just managed to grab up the rights for this one album and pressed it up.  We'll find out how well mastered these VHS ripped tracks can be on vinyl, but owning it is more a testament to nostalgia than a record that you'd play over and over again.  

I'm sure every single one of you own a record that you bought simply to own, because vinyl is a physical format that extends so much beyond the music contained in the grooves.  It's an aesthetic, an emotional, and a tangible exemplification of our interests.  Or else you wouldn't pay extra for "limited edition numbered colored" Mondo releases.

Hahahahaha! Post of the year!

There's so much unabashed elitism in this thread.

Are you joking? Are you Ross? Have you actually read this thread?

Ross sells his own releases on eBay. Flips them to people on this board. Presses extra copies of records that aren't listed or approved. Has typos/mistakes on almost all his releases. Doesn't care about the bands he releases from. He gets his best friend to come on the board and lie to everyone. Then that same friend (who is also his business partner and one of the main contributors to the Doug 7") tells someone "I will be sure to give you a rag to wipe off my cum after you are under my desk choking on my dick."

That's not elitism. It's common sense that I won't give my money to someone like that. Especially for a compilation album of one-to-two minute songs that most people will never listen to.

Ross has had some serious issues from the beginning that have only been compounded by the recent influx of information that this thread has provided. Here's a list of more-than-questionable business decisions/screw-ups that have occurred:

- First release - a picture disc that he tried to justify by saying it was the only way to make a 'gold' record

+ Awful shipping job on these - often resulting in damaged records

- Starting Line - poorly packaged, almost all seam splits.

- RXBandits - No band approval. No remorse. (You will find this to be a recurring theme)

- Early November - Blown up CD artwork. Huge barcode on back because of this. (I know this is technically Patrick's doing, but Ross is the label owner)

+ Hidden /50 variant that he told people not to reveal because the label didn't even know about it.

- Fall of Troy - typo on track listing.

- Cartel - He purposely made this a 'surprise' release as he didn't have the band approval and knew there would be issues. However, ETR sold out before the band could get word out.

- NK - Basement Tapes - Have you seen the 'packaging' for this? He reasoned it was because it was a 'demo' release and purposefully minimal packaging.

- Dream Theater - He claimed it was CD-sourced because no digital files exist anymore. Music on Vinyl used HQ digital files from the label for their release of this.

- Cute Is What We Aim For - Wrong center labels.

- Kevin Devine Live - Misspelling on spine. Pixellated interior images. Wrong center labels. Wrong track lengths.

- Doug 7" - Re-recorded covers of the 'original' songs by he and his friends. Makes it completely ambiguous in all postings. Thanks himself on the back of the record.

- Lightning bolt shirt - Supposed to be bolt from Skeeter's shirt. Looks nothing like it.

Extra-curricular activities - 

- Charges >$5 for shipping media mail - and claimed it was because pricing had gone up.

- Sells grab bag - often putting in records that would be cheaper if you bought normally on this site.

- Uses eBay to flip his own releases

- Gives extra variants to his business partner to flip for even more on his own eBay account

- Said business partner (and owner of Paper Books) comes in to lie and cover-up for Ross

- Said business partner (and best friend and 'musician' on Doug 7") tells board member "I will be sure to give you a rag to wipe off my cum after you are under my desk choking on my dick," among other things.

- More lies from ETR

It's known I've never been a fan of Ross, but coming in and apologizing just doesn't fly for me (even though he hasn't even done this). He constantly makes excuses, has poor business tactics, is known to lie over and over to cover himself, and has shown almost zero regard for the bands he works with. 

*Updated