ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

• 3 months later...

I once worked on a beef jerky account that wanted to focus on action sports (primarily skate and BMX) to launch a new product. The athletes and endemic media were generally nice enough and willing to work with us. Despite their cordiality it was pretty embarrassing to explain that we were, in fact, doing photoshoots and ad work for meat snacks. The amount of money being spent dictated it was in everyone's best interest to treat us with some modicum of respect but it was pretty clear that they thought our involvement was, in many ways, a joke. 

Long story short, I can tell you first hand that it isn't fun to be an industry joke, even when you have a lot of cash to toss around. I can't imagine what it is like without any money. This label must be tough to run. 

I once worked on a beef jerky account that wanted to focus on action sports (primarily skate and BMX) to launch a new product. The athletes and endemic media were generally nice enough and willing to work with us. Despite their cordiality it was pretty embarrassing to explain that we were, in fact, doing photoshoots and ad work for meat snacks. The amount of money being spent dictated it was in everyone's best interest to treat us with some modicum of respect but it was pretty clear that they thought our involvement was, in many ways, a joke. 

Long story short, I can tell you first hand that it isn't fun to be an industry joke, even when you have a lot of cash to toss around. I can't imagine what it is like without any money. This label must be tough to run. 

2 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

The skate shop I work at might have sold that. Matador? That's pretty much how the entire skateboard industry is. Any brand that isn't a skate company is uncool by design. Or at least that's how it used to be. A lot has changed in the last ten years.

49 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

I just bought the Fresh Prince record cause I was always fond of the theme song/Will Smith etc. Yeah its a gimmicky record but 90s nostaglia. But it sounds like I shouldn't be giving money to these guys?

raw

On 6/10/2016 at 2:24 PM, llamaface said:

I don't think I have a 45 rpm radio. Too bad. Also, "Parent's"....... Fuck.

On 6/11/2016 at 9:20 PM, dantheriver said:

At least the "parent's" goof doesn't appear to be on the actual cover. Still sloppy Ross but better than usual.

This is dumb though.

at least that typo isnt on the actual jacket this time

• 1 month later...