PO: Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) - What It Takes to Move Forward

Shelby

My package departed Okemos, MI yesterday and arrived in Warrendale, PA today.  I live in Wisconsin.  Literally right next to Michigan.  The USPS is a weird place, man.

I've never seen it before, but there's a few places (Jersey City, Bell Gardens, somewhere in Iowa I think) around the US were Media Mail and I believe Parcel Post get processed. This must be one of them. I live in Minnesota. Would have made way more sense to send it west, but whatever. There's a method somewhere.

Mine departed Warrendale three days ago. It'll probably arrive in Minnesota tonight.

They put up a gofundme to raise funds for a new tour van. Top 5 donations at the end get a test press of What It Takes or You Will Eventually Be Forgotten. They also are taking direct donations to their paypal. If Y'all appreciate their music then you should support them.

http://www.gofundme.com/nagoeg

Did a drunk guy light your last suit on fire?

Did they not have the legally required insurance on their van? And if they did, but only got enough money to replace their shitty van with another shitty van, why not get that instead of asking people to give them $10,000?

Edit: Sorry, I'm a little butthurt that even after they got back from their tour they took until Feb. 22 to even print a shipping label for my record, but continued taking orders for other shit/planning how to go on their next tour.

But seriously, dude was drunk, it was clearly his fault and they should have gotten money from both homeowner's insurance as well as either the drunk asshole's car insurance or theirs. They shouldn't need this money.

I take the money that I earn at my job, and buy things to help me continue doing my job.

They should be taking money from their job (selling music and playing live shows) to buy the tools they need for their job.

I've known plenty of bands who don't pull shit like this and they certainly weren't as popular as these guys (meaning they made way less money.) I had some friends who's van broke down right before a tour, they bought a cheap shitty van, did the tour, raised money (and got other jobs) to get a better one for next tour. It's how the world works.

For a van for tour, not their house.

Next time I need a new suit, I'm going to start a gofundme, so I don't have to pay for shit I use for my job.

Yeah no kidding. These guys/ gal are rolling in it too! Walking in that venue, packed with 30 (!) people, wearing Versace and Armani. It was nuts. They were selling signed $1 dollar bills for $50. Not to mention the fact that they were raking it in on multiple album sales (at least 3 including me). I mean, it's a wonder they didn't just buy a tour bus!

Yeah no kidding. These guys/ gal are rolling in it too! Walking in that venue, packed with 30 (!) people, wearing Versace and Armani. It was nuts. They were selling signed $1 dollar bills for $50. Not to mention the fact that they were raking it in on multiple album sales (at least 3 including me). I mean, it's a wonder they didn't just buy a tour bus!

Jesus, fuck. Have none of you heard of insurance?

Tell you what. When I do my gofundme, I'll even sweeten the pot like they did. Top 5 contributors get an autographed photo of my ass, and the number one contributor gets a fart, stored in a Tupperware container. I'm talking real Tupperware, too. Not that bullshit you get for $.99 at the grocery store.

Jesus, fuck. Have none of you heard of insurance?

Tell you what. When I do my gofundme, I'll even sweeten the pot like they did. Top 5 contributors get an autographed photo of my ass, and the number one contributor gets a fart, stored in a Tupperware container. I'm talking real Tupperware, too. Not that bullshit you get for $.99 at the grocery store.

When's the last time you filed an insurance claim on someone totalling your car and subsequently parking their pickup in your house? If you did, you would know that insurance coverage stops after a certain dollar amount. Filing on your own insurance raises your rates. Also, just a guess, but they probably wanted to use the money paid to close up that hole in their living room before their refrigerator was colder on the outside than inside. Or it could be that they are just greedy bastards, but I'm betting not.

When's the last time you filed an insurance claim on someone totalling your car and subsequently parking their pickup in your house? If you did, you would know that insurance coverage stops after a certain dollar amount. Filing on your own insurance raises your rates. Also, just a guess, but they probably wanted to use the money paid to close up that hole in their living room before their refrigerator was colder on the outside than inside. Or it could be that they are just greedy bastards, but I'm betting not.

It would have been two insurance claims, so they would have gotten paid two different amounts, and yes, it's capped a certain levels and deductibles have to be taken into account. I'm sure they wanted that hole closed up right quick, as they didn't want raccoons just rolling about in the house, getting into mischief, stealing bananas and what have you.

I do happen to know a little bit about insurance, seeing as my dad worked in homeowners and car insurance my entire life, often bringing his work home with him and explaining it to me.

Even if they didn't get any money from insurance, my argument stands that they could:

a)buy another shitty van, as illustrated by my friends doing just that. They had zero insurance money, as their old van just kind of died.

b)maybe put off touring for a minute, get some jobs they hate and buy a new van. (Most people do at some point.)

or they could even:

c)take homeboy to court and make him pay out of pocket for their expenses, as he was breaking the law when he caused the damage, and it was clearly his fault.

Judge Judy that shit, get some exposure for the band, even. (Did you know Judge Judy actually pays whether the plaintiff wins or loses? Crazy.)

I just don't get the whole, "Hey guys, some shit happened and we're broke. Wanna buy us a new van?" thing. It's a level of entitlement I've never experienced.

You know, sometimes shit happens and you don't have money for it. It's their choice what they do for a living, and if it doesn't pay well...well, maybe get a new fucking job and do this as a hobby until it can fully support you financially, like a real adult.

When some single mom's furnace goes out in the middle of winter, she doesn't go..."Oh shit. You know what I should do to get this fixed? I should gofundme and ask a bunch of strangers to fix my shit so my kids don't freeze to death."

Nah, she slaps some sweaters on those kids, gets another job, and buys a fucking furnace.

Clearly, you guys don't agree with me and that's fine. I'm not even saying they don't work their asses off out there. All I'm saying is that it comes off, to me at least, as the worst kind of entitlement.

I work with people every day who can't even afford $500 to take care of their dead loved ones, so I have very little sympathy for a group of adults who can't come up with a legitimate way, other than begging (which is what this amounts to in my mind) to take care of their own shit.

I have no dog in this fight, but I want that ass picture so I'm dropping loot on that gofundme for the new suit!

Damn right! ;) I could be happy enough with the usual $300-500 suit, but I'm going for $1,500, so I can really do it up right.

Maybe you'll even get the elusive fruit basket variant photo. Who knows?!