PO: Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) - What It Takes to Move Forward

Shelby

The mass selloff is in full swing, I keep getting various alerts for people trying to flog off their OG for a tidy profit before the repress drops.

I'm going to put my money on a fast first press sell out but a more protracted second press, maybe a few days or so. I hope I'm wrong though, it'd be great if the band manages to get rid of them all quick.

yup, me too! had it on discogs to see what i could get, just got a 40 dollar offer, probably will take that after i know i have ordered one tuesday

i suck i know guys

from what I've understood from their posting just the bonus songs on the D side are remastered to fit the rest of the album. I might be wrong though, and I would definitely be interested in a remastered version of the whole record!

besides that, I'm sure I will get a copy of this to accompany my OP copy. Just have to see how it works out as it would be effing expensive to ship a double gatefold LP to Germany... maybe (this has happened with several recent CYLS releases) it will get listed on Germany's Amazon marketplace so I could pick it up for quite cheap.. hard to decide as I've already dropped $80 on the pre-order of their second full-length. Then again, this is my favorite band in the genre and this is one of my definite all-time favorite records.

from what I've understood from their posting just the bonus songs on the D side are remastered to fit the rest of the album. I might be wrong though, and I would definitely be interested in a remastered version of the whole record!

besides that, I'm sure I will get a copy of this to accompany my OP copy. Just have to see how it works out as it would be effing expensive to ship a double gatefold LP to Germany... maybe (this has happened with several recent CYLS releases) it will get listed on Germany's Amazon marketplace so I could pick it up for quite cheap.. hard to decide as I've already dropped $80 on the pre-order of their second full-length. Then again, this is my favorite band in the genre and this is one of my definite all-time favorite records.

If you want me to I could pick up another one for you and ship it out with the rest of your stuff, just let me know!

this band/album came out before all this stuff got big

I mean...I get that, but they still get lumped in with them and a lot of bands that came after sound similar. I'd say these guys seem like a poor man's Sunny Day Real Estate, which I don't hate...I just never got really into them or the scene that followed them.

I'll give them some more of a try though. We'll see. 

A poor man's SDRE is better than nothing, for sure.

I'm not really into the whole "emo-revival" scene too much, but I'll probably try to pick this up Tuesday since everyone seems to cream their jeans over it.. Plus shelbs likes it, so it's gotta be at least decent.

It's better than all your 90s emo albums :P. Plus it came out before the new scene (it basically started it)