Best sigur ros albums?

They're repressing ( ) and Agaetis Byrjun this year. I'd wait for those if you're looking to get one with gift card or something.

They're my two favorites, at least.

These are also my favorites. Havent seen ( ) kicking around but Agaetis' current pressing is costly at my local record shop, so waiting for the new pressings may be the best idea.

These are also my favorites. Havent seen ( ) kicking around but Agaetis' current pressing is costly at my local record shop, so waiting for the new pressings may be the best idea.

I think it's supposedly February too, so not even that far off. I'll definitely be picking up the represses.

Id probably rank them thusly

1. Agaetis Byrjun

2. ( )

3. Takk

4. Kveikur

5. Med Sud...

6. Von

7. Valtari

AB is in my top 20 albums of all time

Seems about right, even though I haven't listened to anything after Takk.

That top 3 is how I'd rank them and Von after for the ones I've heard.

I'm in the same boat as Nacho man, Haven't heard anything after Takk.

The first 2 records are amazing, you can't go wrong with either.

Von didn't do it for me, but you probably mean AB and ( ), which are both tops in my book. For whatever reason I wasn't crazy about Takk either, hence my falling off the SR bandwagon.

I hear that's something akin to blasphemy 'round these parts, though. Keep it a secret.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of the LPs that I own, this is how I would rank mine:

1. ( )

2. Takk

3. Med Sud...

4. Valtari

5. Kveikur

6. Heima

7. Petta Er Island (Live 3xLP bootleg you can get for 20-30 bucks)

8. Inni

9. Agaetis Byrjun

10. Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do

11. Von

Sigur Ros is a top 5 band for me, so no matter what the rating of any of these, I really do enjoy and cherish them all in different ways.  This is a band that can do no wrong in my eyes.

Anyone have / hear the most recent bootleg?  The BBC live in 2009 I believe?  Wondering if it's worth adding to the collection!

Out of the LPs that I own, this is how I would rank mine:

1. ( )

2. Takk

3. Med Sud...

4. Valtari

5. Kveikur

6. Heima

7. Petta Er Island (Live 3xLP bootleg you can get for 20-30 bucks)

8. Inni

9. Agaetis Byrjun

10. Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do

11. Von

Sigur Ros is a top 5 band for me, so no matter what the rating of any of these, I really do enjoy and cherish them all in different ways.  This is a band that can do no wrong in my eyes.

Anyone have / hear the most recent bootleg?  The BBC live in 2009 I believe?  Wondering if it's worth adding to the collection!

1. AB, Takk, Kveikur, ( ) <-changing with my moods...

2. Heima (hvarf/heim)

3. Med Sud...

4. Petta Er Island

5. Von

6. Valtari

7. Inni

8. Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do

9. BBC 2009 Live

Though Valtari is my least favorite studio album at the moment, I still quite like it, and think Varud (Varuo?) is one of their best songs ever....

Regarding, the Live at the BBC vinyl being last.... it's very nice looking, and sounds, ok, but to my ears it sounds very compressed and flat. Not great dynamic range.  The performance is good, and the sound is Ok in general.... just not exactly moving. (my review is the one on the discogs page saying about the same FYI).   I'm glad I have it, just as a huge fan, so I can recommend it for that reason at least...

I am not really fan of INNI either, I think the Petta boot has a much better feel to it.