PO NOW: ...Is A Real Boy 10th Anniversary Box Set

i never understood test presses... even if they're limited to /10 or whatever. you are getting a black, unlabeled piece of reject vinyl and usually don't even get the record sleeves/inserts.

but its "RARE". omg.  

i'd much rather have the full package with sleeve/insert/labels.  just my opinion though

StaUgav.gif

Damnit, I got really excited to see they were repressing this, but I really just want a decent priced 2XLP. I will forever be kicking myself for not picking this up at HT when I saw it there a few years back. The one and only Say Anything album I enjoy. I think this is great for Say Anything fans, and the colors are pretty, but I'm not a fan of the four 10"s.  Just gonna have to wait until I can find this album at a reasonable price. 

Damnit, I got really excited to see they were repressing this, but I really just want a decent priced 2XLP. I will forever be kicking myself for not picking this up at HT when I saw it there a few years back. The one and only Say Anything album I enjoy. I think this is great for Say Anything fans, and the colors are pretty, but I'm not a fan of the four 10"s. Just gonna have to wait until I can find this album at a reasonable price.

All of this.

1. oh cool another IARB pressing, that's good for the people who missed out on prior pressings

2. colors looks kind of neat except for those diarrhea looking ones that cost more

3. four 10"s is really gimmicky and kind of a hassle to listen to but whatever

4. $55 is ehh, $60-65 is pushing it, $130 is ridiculous

5. I'm not buying it but I don't think whoever does is wasting their money

...sums my thoughts up in order.

Welp. I got excited that I saw the title of this thread and it was being repressed but these prices? No thanks. And did I see there's 100 test presses?! Haha. What type of shit is that? The 4x10" is just a joke to me and a total sham. But props to anyone who wants them and gets them.

I'd love all of the above!

Its awesome that they post all their old EP's/demos/ and obscure stuff on their bandcamp for download. Such a great group of guys

You can follow Patrick @Patrickisrad on IG for fun family stuff, his art, and other projects. 100% backed on the whole band being an amazing group of guys.

If only they'd use that money to do something worthwhile...like repress "Hi, Everything's Great" or press "Let Me Come Home"

I've been waiting on those represses myself. I recently just passed on a test pressing of "Hi, Everything's Great"... not really into test presses.  I like having the album art and all that crap.

I've been waiting for the IARB repress, this is crap though. 

I would have been all over this if they'd of done something similar for In Defense. That's my favorite album by them, and it's long enough to deserve more than a 2xLP. However, I hate 10"s for the most part, and IARB works perfectly fine on 2xLP. The only way I'm going to end up buying this is if I can flip my green/white repress for a lot, and I'm not even sure if I wanna do that. I'm for sure keeping my test from the last repress. I'm not having four goddamn 10" tests sit on my shelf. That being said, if I do buy this, it will be after I've seen if there's even actually a box for this box set or if it's just an annoyingly large jacket with way too much stuffed in it.

Also, why do we need 2500 of these? Press 500 or 1000 'box sets' and 1500 or 2000 2xLPs. You know most super fans are going to buy the box set. Well, they would have if it wasn't over-priced and silly. Either way. Eh.

Can't wait to pick up the 15th anniversary edition, 18 7inch records with 2 flexi's featuring songs that weren't even on IARB.

Top two threads in this forum right now - Say Anything releasing an album on four 10", and Taking Back Sunday re-releasing Happiness Is on eight 7".

Love both those bands, but I can't support this. Just put out a double LP, and knock this shit off.

Also, why do we need 2500 of these?

ebay shows the demand is there. which is silly because the 4th press completely flooded the market when it was released and you could buy the red variant for $15 for, like, a year, and now all of them go for $100+.

max just straight fucked his fans who haven't been able to get their hands on a copy, though.

max just straight fucked his fans who haven't been able to get their hands on a copy, though.

Yeah, Max doesn't have any control over what Doghouse decides to put out. Totally separate entities, they just pay him royalties that would have been the similar if they did a simple repress.

I'm certain they would have preferred to have a repress to sell on the 10th anniversary tour.

I ended up going halfs with my girlfriend on the splatter because she's a huge fan. thats the only way i could justify the price. 

As much as I LOVE this album, I can't justify the cost.  I did think about selling my Dear Hunter - Migrations Annex box set to snag this tho.