PO: Isis - Panopticon (REMASTERED)

Evoke

Just got my copy of Pan and Oceanic. Literally opened them and tipped it over to get the record out and sand started pouring out. Im starting to think RE is actually getting these pressed by ISIS in the middle of the desert. Very authentic.

On the real, I love RE. Always the best with quality and customer care. Panopticon packaging and quality is superb.

• 2 months later...

Some news about ISIS reissues:

Are there plans for any more Isis reissues?
Yes. The first three EPs (Mosquito Control, Red Sea and SGNL>05) have all been out of print for a while now. Not sure how we're going to put those together for reissues, but we'd like to make them available again in the near future. 

source: http://heavymetal.about.com/od/interviews/fl/Aaron-Turner-Interview.htm

• 5 years later...

I recently grabbed the box set off someone on Discogs. I contacted the seller and asked how much it would be to ship to my location (we were both from Canada) , it just so happened that he lived 20 minutes away from me and was willing to bring it to me in person! Done deal. 

Glad to see some of these albums getting a repress seeing how much albums like Panopticon and Oceanic go for alone. 

16 minutes ago, INRIhab said:

I recently grabbed the box set off someone on Discogs. I contacted the seller and asked how much it would be to ship to my location (we were both from Canada) , it just so happened that he lived 20 minutes away from me and was willing to bring it to me in person! Done deal. 

Nice! How do you like the boxset (Shades of the swarm)? I also got it couple months ago and have mixed feelings. The new cover sleeves are so small that it's impossible to put the records inside them. Also the generic white sandpaper inner sleeves were a bit dissappointing.

As for the sound quality, the heavy 180g vinyl sound dead quiet with no surface noise. I'm just a stupid casual listener but to my ear the sound feels a bit compressed. My Panopticon remaster sounds more dynamic. But overal all albums are very enjoyable to listen. The box and new cover arts are very beautiful.

Great that Panopticon is finally getting this repress. Hopefully they press it enough... It's ridiculous how hard Panopticon and Oceanic are to find these days.

Edited by Portsi

1 minute ago, Portsi said:

Nice! How do you like the boxet (Shades of the swarm)? I also got it couple months ago and have mixed feelings. The new cover sleeves are so small that it's impossible to put the records inside them. Also the generic white sandpaper inner sleeves were a bit dissappointing.

As for the sound quality, the heavy 180g vinyl sound dead quiet with no surface noise. I'm just a stupid casual listener but to my ear the sound feels a bit compressed. My Panopticon remaster sounds more dynamic. But overal all albums are very enjoyable to listen and the box and new cover arts are very beautiful.

I got it used, the albums weren't in inner sleeves, just in the new outers. So maybe (if yours was used as well) they came with unners or they added them. 

Found the sound  quality to be great. But I also have no previous pressings to compare it to. I think I was just overly excited to have this boxset in my possession after all these years, even if I forked over a pretty penny. 

A month later I grabbed the Pelican wooden box set. My wife was thrilled about all the money I threw down on those 2 sets in a month  haha. 

25 minutes ago, Portsi said:

Nice! How do you like the boxset (Shades of the swarm)? I also got it couple months ago and have mixed feelings. The new cover sleeves are so small that it's impossible to put the records inside them. Also the generic white sandpaper inner sleeves were a bit dissappointing.

As for the sound quality, the heavy 180g vinyl sound dead quiet with no surface noise. I'm just a stupid casual listener but to my ear the sound feels a bit compressed. My Panopticon remaster sounds more dynamic. But overal all albums are very enjoyable to listen. The box and new cover arts are very beautiful.

Great that Panopticon is finally getting this repress. Hopefully they press it enough... It's ridiculous how hard Panopticon and Oceanic are to find these days.

The boxset was released in 2008 originally. It was cut from the remastered files by James Plotkin. I think these remasters were also used for later pressings - unless Plotkin did another, different remastering job for the later pressings?

You might want to compare the matrix info of your standalone copy of Panopticon to the one from the boxset if it is different. Or give the matrix info of the boxset disc here for comparison.

Would be interesting to know if the boxset had different stampers. Let us know, please :)

49 minutes ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

Or give the matrix info of the boxset disc here for comparison.

Would be interesting to know if the boxset had different stampers. Let us know, please :)

Sure! Here are the infos for Oceanic, Panopticon and Truth:

Oceanic: 69227 CORE058-ROBO074

Panopticon: 69228 CORE058-ROBO074

Truth: 69229 CORE058 ROBO074

Rest of the records are like that too.

7 minutes ago, Portsi said:

Sure! Here are the infos for Oceanic, Panopticon and Truth:

Oceanic: 69227 CORE058-ROBO074

Panopticon: 69228 CORE058-ROBO074

Truth: 69229 CORE058 ROBO074

Rest of the records are like that too.

Thanks this is interesting to know! Discogs does not have the matrix for the boxset listed.

Obviously different stampers (and probably a different cut) than the later repressing which all have a PIRATES PRESS and GZ Media matrix. Does not mean the remastered digital files for cutting were different though.

• 4 months later...
55 minutes ago, Portsi said:

The band teased on Facebook that they are going to announce something Oceanic and Panopticon related next week. Pre-orders?

Not sure if I need another copies of the remasters, but if these for some reason would be the original masters then it would be a must buy.

Saw this too. Cannot wait. :)

9 hours ago, Portsi said:

The band teased on Facebook that they are going to announce something Oceanic and Panopticon related next week. Pre-orders?

Not sure if I need another copies of the remasters, but if these for some reason would be the original masters then it would be a must buy.

Maybe I missed something earlier in the thread but- you don’t prefer the remaster? It’s one of the best ones I’ve ever heard. Or is it just a having both thing?

Man I really hope these are not like $45 each or something. Because as much as I’d like to say I’d have an internal debate and look like that .gif of Larry David in front of the Palestinian chicken place, I’ll know that I’m going to buy them just like I bought that recent Nothing album that I’m still not even sure what it is lol