PO: Isis - Panopticon (REMASTERED)

Evoke

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'd sure hope so... just as long as they don't waste any time or resources on a black press.

Cute.

But I'm actually hoping to get that Panopticon on black with the original art. Its not even my favorite LP from them but I for some reason need that original cover and the vinyl needs to be black. Its a sickness.

Remastered and cut by Matt Colton? So this is NOT the 2014 remaster? Hmm... Ordered to Finland (rip bank account).

Listened the Oceanic 2014 remaster after long time today, and still it sounds way too clean and polished for my taste. Felt like all the brutality was gone..

Panopticon 2014 remaster was much better :).

Edited by Portsi

21 minutes ago, Portsi said:

Listened the Oceanic 2014 remaster after long time today, and still it sounds way too clean and polished for my taste. Felt like all the brutality was gone..

Panopticon 2014 remaster was much better :).

Shh.  You're gonna' summon Gumbo with that take.  Pretty sure I've read a similar stance from him in 2-3 different spots.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I thought that was odd too, especially since they're both the "1,700 variant".

Yeah, I was thinking maybe they figured there were enough black copies having been pressed for Oceanic throughout all previous pressings but I haven't compared the numbers of total pressings on black between the two albums. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty sure there have overall been more pressings in general of Oceanic than possibly any other Isis album.

Just now, mcpherson123 said:

Yeah, I was thinking maybe they figured there were enough black copies having been pressed for Oceanic throughout all previous pressings but I haven't compared the numbers of total pressings on black between the two albums. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty sure there have overall been more pressings in general of Oceanic than possibly any other Isis album.

You really think so?  My guess was Panopticon, but maybe I'm just thinking variants and not specifically presses.  Either way, I'd be really surprised if a black Oceanic didn't pop up somewhere, for this latest press.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

You really think so?  My guess was Panopticon, but maybe I'm just thinking variants and not specifically presses.  Either way, I'd be really surprised if a black Oceanic didn't pop up somewhere, for this latest press.

The running might be close for those two. I guess in terms of total copies available between all pressings it seems like Oceanic would have more considering there have been several pressings of more than 2000 total between 2011 and 2015 while I don't recall as many new pressings of Panopticon in that same time span.

I'm sure there is an easy way to confirm most of these numbers but am I too lazy to do more than simply rely on memory? Yes. Yes, I am.

Also...to sorta highjack the thread with some self-promo. 

We...MOMR...just put up the pre-orders for 27's new record, A Billion Searchlights. They've always been tied with ISIS...playing shows together and also performing on each other's records. Most notably, Maria and Ayal played on Oceanic

27 | A Billion Searchlights (mindovermatterrecords.com)