PO: Isis - Panopticon (REMASTERED)

Evoke

1 minute ago, Lugubrious said:

Where were the band editions? Not posted here?

Last page, quoted top of this page.  About 2 hours ago, give or take.

[edit]

Foiled by a new page.  Here you go:

https://isis.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/oceanic-2xlp-2021-reissue/

https://isis.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/panopticon-2x-vinyl-lp-2021-reissue

Edited by Derek™

2 hours ago, Portsi said:

Remastered and cut by Matt Colton? So this is NOT the 2014 remaster? Hmm... Ordered to Finland (rip bank account).

Listened the Oceanic 2014 remaster after long time today, and still it sounds way too clean and polished for my taste. Felt like all the brutality was gone..

Panopticon 2014 remaster was much better :).

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!  I thought i was the only one!  I fucking HATE that 2014 remaster of Oceanic.  They made it way too clean, like it was made in a lab.  I hate it so much.  They took the balls out!!!

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Also...to sorta highjack the thread with some self-promo. 

We...MOMR...just put up the pre-orders for 27's new record, A Billion Searchlights. They've always been tied with ISIS...playing shows together and also performing on each other's records. Most notably, Maria and Ayal played on Oceanic

27 | A Billion Searchlights (mindovermatterrecords.com)

That’s nice! Will there be an EU distribution via Deathwish?

49 minutes ago, negavinyl said:

So the indie versions should be available at retail, yeah? 

Should be.  1,700 is still a pretty small run to be allocated for worldwide indie.  I'd start checking tabs for Rough Trade, Zia Records, Luna Music, and-or Bull Moose if you've got the store credit.

Unrelated but to anyone who owns a copy of the OG Panopticon – was that jacket flat or glossy?  The new Panopticon art they've been using is cool – I'm fine with it, personally – but it's one of the absolute glossiest record jackets I own.

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Unrelated but to anyone who owns a copy of the OG Panopticon – was that jacket flat or glossy?  The new Panopticon art they've been using is cool – I'm fine with it, personally – but it's one of the absolute glossiest record jackets I own.

I don’t have an OG copy but I do have a ROBO repress from 2012. The jacket is a reverse board print, so it’s super washed out and muted. Not glossy whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, twatay said:

I don’t have an OG copy but I do have a ROBO repress from 2012. The jacket is a reverse board print, so it’s super washed out and muted. Not glossy whatsoever.

This guy?  Just saw in the notes that it was the first time they used reverse-board.  That's rad, but I wonder why they went back to gloss future presses.  Keeping those spotless can be taxing.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This guy?  Just saw in the notes that it was the first time they used reverse-board.  That's rad, but I wonder why they went back to gloss future presses.  Keeping those spotless can be taxing.

Yep, that’s the one.  I can’t wait to compare the sound of it to the new one coming out this fall! (I think my current copy sounds great btw)

23 minutes ago, twatay said:

Yep, that’s the one.  I can’t wait to compare the sound of it to the new one coming out this fall! (I think my current copy sounds great btw)

I've got a few different presses before and after that 2012 copy of yours, and I have no qualms at all with any of them.  But I'm still eager to hear this new remaster... and I really need no excuse to revisit these albums.