PO: Isis - Panopticon (REMASTERED)

Evoke

Be patient guys. There is NO ONE more solid than Robo, and they are a true DIY outfit: no tracking, just killer records.

They also work faster than a lot of labels bigger than them too.  They're very efficient for such a small operation.  Even during their 30% off holiday sale, I still got my records within a week.

Edit : I'm going to listen to Backlit so loud tomorrow.  Easily my favorite ISIS song.

My copy arrived yesterday, over here in California. Still trying to get over how incredibly glossy it is. Very well done, and I'm digging the differences in the packaging.

Not that I personally need a[nother] copy of Wavering Radiant, but I hope to see that album repressed next. I have way too many friends who've forked over more than they should have - in recent years - just to spin that record. I also think it's among Isis' best, and should be on the shelf of (or at least accessible to) anyone who's a fan of the band.

Not that I personally need a[nother] copy of Wavering Radiant, but I hope to see that album repressed next. I have way too many friends who've forked over more than they should have - in recent years - just to spin that record. I also think it's among Isis' best, and should be on the shelf of (or at least accessible to) anyone who's a fan of the band.

When i lived in LA a couple years ago i got a copy of the first press on blue at Amoeba for about $23. I had no idea at the time that this was hard to get, but now as i troll ebay i rarely see it for sale

My copy arrived yesterday, over here in California. Still trying to get over how incredibly glossy it is. Very well done, and I'm digging the differences in the packaging.

I scored super hard recently and got an Isis lot for $50. It was listed as having Oceanic on black, Wavering Radiant on black, then two of their singles on black.

When I got it, the Oceanic was a trans green /300 first press, and Wavering Radiant was the yellow/white swirl /1000 first press. I couldn't believe it.

The Holy Tears 12" was also on blue wax. The only black record was the Isis/Aereogramme split. It was quite a surprise.

Now that I have all of their LPs, I'd vote for WR as the superior record. If I remember correctly, you are the one who told me to check them out originally. I thank you, good sir.

I scored super hard recently and got an Isis lot for $50. It was listed as having Oceanic on black, Wavering Radiant on black, then two of their singles on black.

When I got it, the Oceanic was a trans green /300 first press, and Wavering Radiant was the yellow/white swirl /1000 first press. I couldn't believe it.

The Holy Tears 12" was also on blue wax. The only black record was the Isis/Aereogramme split. It was quite a surprise.

Now that I have all of their LPs, I'd vote for WR as the superior record. If I remember correctly, you are the one who told me to check them out originally. I thank you, good sir.

That's a hell of a deal on that lot.  And I'm super grateful you took my advice and got into Isis.  That makes me happy.  I'm assuming you jumped on this Panopticon reissue, right?  It, Oceanic, and WR are the holy trinity of Isis albums, for me.  Everything they've put out is very solid in my books, but it's those 3 that I find myself consistently blown away by.

That's a hell of a deal on that lot. And I'm super grateful you took my advice and got into Isis. That makes me happy. I'm assuming you jumped on this Panopticon reissue, right? It, Oceanic, and WR are the holy trinity of Isis albums, for me. Everything they've put out is very solid in my books, but it's those 3 that I find myself consistently blown away by.

Oh yes. I nabbed that clear/blue with quickness. I feel like WR really shows a mastery of the sound that they were navigating towards, but as many have mentioned, everything is really great.

This first record I bought was "The Red Sea" and it was a real "holy shit" moment. That EP is just brutal and evil.

yeah forgot about those too.  most bands i do not care about live albums for.  if it is not thin lizzy live and dangerous or a few others ill pass.

I came across one or two of the live albums for a good price and after that I felt like needed them all.  The fact that they have as many live albums as studio albums is a little absurd though :)