PO: Isis - Panopticon (REMASTERED)

Evoke

Have them all too. I think V and VI are awesome - soundquality and songs. Listen to these two a LOT.

I've always meant to spend more time with them, but I always seem to go straight to a studio album.  I think once I take a break from the remasters, I'll go through the live volumes.

Have them all too. I think V and VI are awesome - soundquality and songs. Listen to these two a LOT.

I'm going to check these ones out. I've been meaning to ask for some recommendations on which are the best. While I enjoy Isis quite a bit, there aren't many bands I would sit through that many live albums of, but I'll start at these ones.

Got my clear/blue on Friday, I cleaned it first to be safe and it felt a bit gritty so I'm glad I did. I played it yesterday and it sounded really good. I didn't A/B compare to any of my older pressings but I was pretty happy with my purchase. The only thing that sucked is that the cover is just a tiny bit too large to fit in the resealable sleeves I like to use so I had to stick with the loose fitting bag it came in. 

If you get any Pirates Press Haze version with little grit, you've scored big time. My first one, ITTCT Above the Earth Tour I thought someone had used it as a frisbee on the beach there was so much grit. You feel like a noob asking or nobody's talking about it back then, but now you expect it.  My technique for cleaning - without a Nitty Gritty dual side RCM - is tedious but works. But I try to avoid the Haze for playing copies if at all possible.

Surprised to hear of grit on these non-haze pressings. My Oceaniic Green and Panopticon Clear / Trans. Blue are fine. 

Someone who knows more about production can hopefully enlighten us.

If you get any Pirates Press Haze version with little grit, you've scored big time. My first one, ITTCT Above the Earth Tour I thought someone had used it as a frisbee on the beach there was so much grit. You feel like a noob asking or nobody's talking about it back then, but now you expect it.  My technique for cleaning - without a Nitty Gritty dual side RCM - is tedious but works. But I try to avoid the Haze for playing copies if at all possible.

Surprised to hear of grit on these non-haze pressings. My Oceaniic Green and Panopticon Clear / Trans. Blue are fine. 

Someone who knows more about production can hopefully enlighten us.

There is actual sand inside my translucent green Oceanic. So, it pretty much is like the ocean, I guess?

At this point I feel like Pirates Press just has grit in every jacket at their facility. The last few releases I've gotten that were pressed there sounded like the dust sleeve was made of sandpaper.

I just found out that pirates press is also a manufacturer of those sand in a bottle artwork pieces. Where there are multiple different colored layers of sand in a vile of glass. Kind of like on candy bars where it says "this factory also might have traces of nuts being used." Piretpress should  say "vinyl may contain sand"

I cleaned and listened yesterday to Panopticon RM right after my working copy (6th press, Black) and after the new Oceanic.

The Clear disc was clean, but the clear blue disc was gritty, like the haze variants from PP. The amount on this one and the Oceanic were about the same, mild amount, but way more than just a simple brushing  could clear.

I didn't hear as much difference between the two versions of Panopticon, but no comparison to prior pressings.  The jacket and display are nice and I didn't force the inner sleeves back in since the oversized poly outer accommodates those and this discs (in disckeepers) easily.  I might have been a bit on sensory overload, so I will do another comparison listen later.  Glad I picked it up, but can't see going for any more pressings in the future.