Butthole Surfers: Independent Worm Saloon

http://www.runtshop.com/item/1000117480.htm

After Plain seemed to step up their game with some recent releases, 62 minutes crammed onto 1xlp

Its the only BS I dont own so I was looking forward to getting this for a reasonable price

The OG is a 1xlp but I cant imagine that sounds good

The OG is a 1xlp but I cant imagine that sounds good

It doesn't but it has nothing to do with the record pressing and everything to do with them not making a good record after Widowermaker.

That band was magical from the beginning through Widowermaker. After that they were watered down alternative rock, it was like they became an entirely different band.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I got this and just listened. The volume is pretty low, which I'm sure has to do with the length of each side, but cranked up it sounds pretty good. Knowing it's from Plain I'm 99% sure it's sourced from a CD, but there's very little surface noise or weird shit that has happened with other Plain releases. 

I will never again purchase an LP pressed by Plain after their horrible botch-job of Mr Bungle. It's a shame, because they have pressed up so many albums I'd love to own. The bastards.

anyone who thought that bungle on a single LP was going to be good and was disappointed is crazy. You don't put 35 mind of music on a side and think it's going to be good

same with this release.

The Westerberg they did of late was really good stuff

anyone who thought that bungle on a single LP was going to be good and was disappointed is crazy. You don't put 35 mind of music on a side and think it's going to be good

same with this release.

The Westerberg they did of late was really good stuff

Same goes for Disco Volante and California.

However, the recent MOV pressings were done exceptionally well.  Now I just wish that Mr Bungle would get back together (and Ween and Butthole Surfers, and maybe Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin would reanimate and put on a show with Kurt Cobain with Philip Seymour Hoffman and George Carlin hosting).  Or maybe MOV/Latino Bugger Veil can just press up Independent Worm Saloon.

Ween just broke up after touring and being active for so long. Sorry you missed it

surfers were active a few years ago. And nicely that tour contained mostly material from early years

I personally don't want a bungle reunion. The tour with dillinger is how I will remember this band

too many bands are going for cash grabs and it just fit what that band meant when it was active

• 7 years later...
On 9/5/2022 at 7:17 PM, Velocity of Sound said:

Drastic Plastic is giving us a reissue.

/500 Swamp Green vinyl. 

Still just a single LP though unfortunately. BUT it’s not Plain Records, so that’s something positive. 

Thanks for telling me Drastic Plastic is pressing this.

It should be pressed at Acoustic Sounds. They make some of the best sounding records in the world.

Edited by Plarocks

19 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Thanks for telling me Drastic Plastic is pressing this.

It should be pressed at Acoustic Sounds. They make some of the best sounding records in the world.

Acoustic Sounds is the storefront I believe, whereas Analogue Productions is the label that produces audiophile pressings, and they're pressed at QRP/quality record pressing. Not usually one to nitpick, but that's an important distinction when it comes to this kinda thing, I reckon. 

2 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Is that where it's being pressed? 

Nope, they were expressing wishful thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, DecayToDeath said:

Acoustic Sounds is the storefront I believe, whereas Analogue Productions is the label that produces audiophile pressings, and they're pressed at QRP/quality record pressing. Not usually one to nitpick, but that's an important distinction when it comes to this kinda thing, I reckon. 

Nope, they were expressing wishful thinking.

QRP pressed the Drastic Plastic Love and Rockets reissues and the Nurse With Wound.

Yeah, this could be wishful thinking if the label tries to cheap out, but QRP handles the pressings of other labels records, Dizzy Up the Girl, LCD American Dream, etc.

If like those last Drastic Plastic issues, if IWS gets pressed at QRP, I am going to want one.

Edited by Plarocks

• 4 weeks later...