Forgotten gems - great obscure records that sell for really cheap

- The Cable Car Theory - The Deconstruction LP

Holy shit this record. So good. Great local band and glad to see that mentioned on here. If anyone has this on red vinyl sell it to me. Thanks.

I would like to add

- Heads Vs. Breakers - Apathy Is The New Black

- Trial By Fire - Ringing In The Dawn

- Cooter (later known as Autopilot Off) - Looking Up

Silver Scooter - The Blue Law. Seems to be selling around $3. Super fun!

A City Safe From Sea - Throw Me Through Walls.

Dan Danger's band, also super fun, still available from their bandcamp for like $10 I think.

Magic Bullet has that City Safe from Sea for 4.99! Great album

Also Magic Bullet has other great hella cheap records like the Christie Front Drive lps for $10 and $11 or Ghastly City Sleep for 2.99, or Twdy- Young Mountain for 11.99. Shameless Magic Bullet plug!

Magic Bullet has that City Safe from Sea for 4.99! Great album

Also Magic Bullet has other great hella cheap records like the Christie Front Drive lps for $10 and $11 or Ghastly City Sleep for 2.99, or Twdy- Young Mountain for 11.99. Shameless Magic Bullet plug!

I've held off for years getting that ACSFS record and just bought one today for $7.50 shipped. Had I known it was on there I'd have placed a bigger order! I'll wait for them to restock downward years to come and grab that, the Christie Front Drive I don't have and some Charles Manson stuff maybe.

Good lookin out!

Was just about to post about Rapider. One of my favorite bands, picked up their split with the Mae Shi on a whim because it was cheap.

In terms of dollar bin punk 7"s, here's what comes to mind: Life Trap, DS-13/Code 13 split, Allergic to Bullshit, Diallo, Servitude, Gomek [screamy hardcore, highly recommended], Hewhocorrupts [first grind band I got into, some of their splits are readily available and cheap], Seasick, Snack Truck, Sperm Crickets, Terminal State, Voetsek

^That Gomek 7" is a confirmed dollar bin rager!

a few of my dollar bin favorites off the top of my head...

Motive - A Doctrine Of Scripted Torture 7"

Forced Expression - 7"s

Slipknot (Revelation Records band) - s/t 7" (not all copies are cheap, but can easily find one cheap.)

Dragbody - 7"s

Masskontroll - Warpath 7"

Crunch - Benvenuti Presone! 7"

Angel Hair - s/t 7"

Death Wish Kids - 7"s

Christopher Robin - s/t 7"

Not really obscure but Bee Gee's first Lp is a great pop album. 

I loved Souvenirs Young America. Great post rock. I thought they were going to be bigger than they were. I bought up all kinds of rare variants, tour presses, etc. None of them are worth anything.

I love Cable Car Theory but only have a couple 7"s. Where can I get the LP cheap?

Some dollar-bin-esque classics that y'all should always be on the lookout for (I always see many of these and pick them up for friends as needed):

Nick Lowe - Labour of Lust

Crowded House - S/T (yes, it has Don't Dream It's Over, but this is a fucking amazing album)

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece or Hard Nose the Highway (later than his most popular era, but I always see these two and they are solid)

Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years (though any Simon is always golden)

Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything

Sly and the Family Stone - Greatest Hits (the albums are obviously better, but I always see Greatest Hits cheap everywhere)

Rickie Lee Jones - S/T

Peter Gabriel - So

The Cars - S/T

Jackson Browne - Running on Empty (I've always loved Jackson Browne, but many do not)

I know this is not quite the same as a list of hardcore and punk bands, but for those of you who like to scavenge thrift stores and stuff, you can do a lot worse than the list above, and these are ones I usually see for under $5 (or should be priced under that).

Some dollar-bin-esque classics that y'all should always be on the lookout for (I always see many of these and pick them up for friends as needed):

Nick Lowe - Labour of Lust

Crowded House - S/T (yes, it has Don't Dream It's Over, but this is a fucking amazing album)

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece or Hard Nose the Highway (later than his most popular era, but I always see these two and they are solid)

Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years (though any Simon is always golden)

Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything

Sly and the Family Stone - Greatest Hits (the albums are obviously better, but I always see Greatest Hits cheap everywhere)

Rickie Lee Jones - S/T

Peter Gabriel - So

The Cars - S/T

Jackson Browne - Running on Empty (I've always loved Jackson Browne, but many do not)

I know this is not quite the same as a list of hardcore and punk bands, but for those of you who like to scavenge thrift stores and stuff, you can do a lot worse than the list above, and these are ones I usually see for under $5 (or should be priced under that).

I'm always on the lookout for Peter Gabriel stuff :) Dude's awesome.