Built to Spill - Ancient Melodies of the Future

you're probably not alone but I think this is my favorite BtS album. different strokes!

any idea what they'll be charging? I saw MOV and just assumed $40

New On Vinyl actually have it at a reasonable (European) price. A quick calculation says $32ish from them plus whatever currency conversion percentage your credit card charges.

It's been a while. Definitely need to give it another go by now. Gonna check out You Are in particular now.

Check out the last track "The Weather" as well. I love that one.

FYI, Music On Vinyl is sourcing this album from 24bit/192kHz digital files. Not the full analog source like the previous represses of PFNO, KILAS, and YIR. Should sound good none the less, I'm sure.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/built-to-spills-ancient-melodies-of-the-future-being-re-pressed-by-mov.403801/

Can anyone give a quick synopsis of the best sounding presses of the first couple albums? My collection is sorely lacking anything pre-YIR. Go for OPs, or are what I can find in stores now better?

I had the RP of 'Keep It Like a Secret' and 'Perfect From Now On' and thought they sounded excellent. I haven't heard the OPs, or the MOV press of 'Keep It...' to compare, but for the price tag of under $20, they are very well worth it for the quality and them being 2xLP, imo. The only one yet to be repressed is 'There's Nothing Wrong With Love', but I have an EU copy on City Slang and it rules. I may be bias because its my favorite of theirs, but holy shit that is a solid release. Basically save your money on their others, buy the RP, and use the savings to buy a copy of 'TNWWL' :)

Am I the only one who thinks that 'Perfect From Now On" is not only BtS's best work, but also the peak of all 90's indie rock? I mean I love everything they ever did but that record is out of this world..

PFNO is phenomenal, but TNWWL is one of my favorite albums of any genre or time period.

Am I the only one who thinks that 'Perfect From Now On" is not only BtS's best work, but also the peak of all 90's indie rock? I mean I love everything they ever did but that record is out of this world..

It's bizarre how overlooked PFNO is.

To me, it is hands-down one of the best psychedelic rock records I've ever heard, and certainly the best BTS album.

• 1 month later...

Rec'd this from amazon.co.uk today. ugh! 

They have these flimsy vinyl  mailers now... they are like paper and bend so easily.  They are not like the american amazon vinyl mailers thickness or sturdiness. One comer of my album is bent up quite a bit. 

I'm undecided if i'm gonna go through the hassle of sending it back or not. I buy damaged albums like this all the time, but at 70% off the regular price. 

Amazon.co.uk have sent me nothing but completely destroyed records lately. I'm never too sure about returning also. Too much hastle it seems.

what they will reimburse you to ship it back and what it actually costs to ship it back are not the same... i went through the process and they will give me about $15 for shipping... but it'll likely cost about $20 to ship it back.... and that still doesn't mean the one they ship back will be any better based on the mailers they are using.

I rec'd another package today as well from them (the new Subways album) and that was in the same flimsy mailer, except it was also shipped in a box... the box loo0ked like it had been stepped on a half dozen times. There was no problem with the album though....but's it's only a 10". I bet if it was a 12" it would have been bent as well.