FS/FT: Gifts From Enola TP, Toundra I OG, TAC: Peregrine (sealed), Russian Circles, Restorations....

drds89

What Jakob albums next month??? Are they repressing Solace?

Hey man, how've you been?  Hopefully still enjoying the Junius right?

Well, now it's THIS month!!!!, first time ever Cale:Drew and Subsets of Sets!!!

--no Solace, Graveface and Conspiracy have rights to those, and there have plenty of opportunities the past couple years to get one at a decent price via Graveface fundraisers, etc.  But you could bug Ryan at GF to see if he will repress it, but I don't think so anytime soon as he has lots of other pans in the fire.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs164/1101978851765/archive/1121223831773.html

Read about Jakob and other stuff there above, sign up for the newsletter, and pick up a 3rd press of Sines when it gets done this summer if you don't have one already - short album, but awesome.

Hey man, how've you been?  Hopefully still enjoying the Junius right?

--no Solace, Graveface and Conspiracy have rights to those, and there have plenty of opportunities the past couple years to get one at a decent price via Graveface fundraisers, etc.  But you could bug Ryan at GF to see if he will repress it, but I don't think so anytime soon as he has lots of other pans in the fire.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs164/1101978851765/archive/1121223831773.html

Read about Jakob and other stuff there above, sign up for the newsletter, and pick up a 3rd press of Sines when it gets done this summer if you don't have one already - short album, but awesome.

Definitely enjoying the Junius, I can't wait for the new album! Hopefully we see it this year.

I've only heard Solace and Since by Jakob; how do the first couple albums compare? Solace is literally perfect in my eyes, and I would say that Sines is a good to very good album, just for context.

Did I miss something in a newsletter, or do you have an inside scoop that one (or both) of those Jakob presses are going up for PO this month?  That would be swell, if so.  This whole "tentative future" PO date has been a bummer for a while now.

I've only heard Solace and Since by Jakob; how do the first couple albums compare?

So very good.  You won't be disappointed in the least.  Neither are quite as "spacey" as Solace (if that makes any sense) but I honestly prefer that.  They each bring a very different flavor to the table while consistently remaining Jakob throughout.  There are more acoustic guitars on C:D, I feel, but it's still got some absolute behemoths that will be rightfully blared on vinyl when the time is right.

Finally;

Someone buy from this great man!

This.

Did I miss something in a newsletter, or do you have an inside scoop that one (or both) of those Jakob presses are going up for PO this month?  That would be swell, if so.  This whole "tentative future" PO date has been a bummer for a while now.

I know I'm not crazy on the Sines 3rd press, but my memory may have tanked again on the first pressings :( -- no inside information, most likely I'm not remembering the newsletter details, just the slip and slide GIFs.

I'd love Peregrine but I just want a cheap listening copy (not sure if these are easily found). I gotta tighten up the ol' purse strings anyways. Been on quite a spending spree lately. Nothing like an impulse 3 variant Tertia buy haha.

Wish I could help!

Someone buy from this great man!

Thanks Evan, I know, I have had 2 other listening copies of Peregrine and this sealed was a collector impulse buy. My listening copies have all been about $25 NM vinyl, one jacket a little rough, but they all sound good to me.  I've debated selling yet again  my listening copy and cracking the sealed one.  The new RP has been pushed out to September, so I am going to have to re-up with GF, when it would have been my 10th of 10 releases and might have taken a break from the the Club membership.  But Business 101 and I'm going to be locked in for another sub, it looks like.  Honestly, unless the new 2xLP @45RPM sounds vastly superior the 1st, I'm not playing 4 sides vs. 2 sides, and also will have to decide whether to get the retail (and likely 180gm) variant + the Club copy or just the Club copy.

Ok, here is the newsletter blurb, make of it what you will, but Derek is correct the new ones are not dropping this month.  I haven' t felt like things are dragging on these, but maybe that's because of the 2 1/2 year delay from the teaser of Sines until it was released.

Derek, did you ever get New Topographics on vinyl from TS? Both black copies I have (one from Topshelf and the other from Awesome distro) have more surface noise than avg. pressings these days, and I still haven't cleaned the /100 Haze one to see if any better -- but that is going to be a long-shot indeed.

Jakob 
Subsets of Sets & Cale:Drew
First Ever Vinyl Pressings!

0ab37b33-23aa-431b-a0f5-fb43760545a6.jpg a89650de-d6e8-4d7c-b255-a281ddef0fd4.jpg
Rejoice Jakob fans, the time is drawing nearer! Production has begun on the LONG-overdue vinyl pressings of these two legendary full lengths. Pre-orders & pressing info will be announced soon - get ready!!

We have also finally done a 3rd pressing of Sines. You can pre-order that monster in mid-July.

Needless to say, this is all pretty epic. Can we still say that?

Don, your Cloud is going out tomorrow. Sorry I've been swamped with my new job working 50 hours a week plus 2 hours of commuting a day. I've been exhausted, but I'll send you the tracking tomorrow. <3

Rest up, brotha, no rush!!

Gotta go pick up #3 son from adventure camp near Danville this weekend.