PO: Runaway Brother - Mother (Tiny Engines / 2015)

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my copy yesterday! Haven't listened yet but it looks so good.

I guess I'm the only one who's still excited about this?

dude i have been jamming this so hard, i was able to get it way early so i am quite familiar with the record. at first its not that grabbing but as you learn the bands sound and catch more lyrics it slowly captivates you. there is a whole world here, so many little sounds and whispers and references, it astounds me how rounded out each concsious corner of making a record was by these dudes. 

i have a few favorites amongst the album, but the final track "Youniverse" really encompasses what its about and is an amazing closing song. I implore you to dig deep, and be stoked you have the lyric sheet as some were very hard to pick out by ear :P

• 4 weeks later...

This is in hot contention for my 2015 AOTY thus far, along with Jeff Rosenstock. Amazing record.

This has been a great year for albums already. This, Secret Grief, Rosenstock (this one REALLY grew on me), Rozwell Kid's ep, Hidden Hospitals, Diamond Youth, Pet Symmetry, and Annabel, are or will be in strong contention for AOTY with me. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...