U2 manufactures defect.

Just bought U2's, songs of innocence. After looking at the vinyl I found what Is a defect.A label has been melted right on to the vinyl. It does look kind of cool.There is two labels on one side,both different. I first thought that it was supposed to be there.but after trying to play the record I realized it was a defect. I'm new to this and would like to know should I return the record and get a new one or could it someday be a collectible. Like coins or stamps that are worth more if there defected....thanks if I could I'd post a photo of it.

Just bought U2's, songs of innocence. After looking at the vinyl I found what Is a defect.A label has been melted right on to the vinyl. It does look kind of cool.There is two labels on one side,both different. I first thought that it was supposed to be there.but after trying to play the record I realized it was a defect. I'm new to this and would like to know should I return the record and get a new one or could it someday be a collectible. Like coins or stamps that are worth more if there defected....thanks if I could I'd post a photo of it.

Return it.   

If something completely different was pressed on one side or something truly unique then I'd consider keeping it, but this happens from time to time.  I don't think it's anything special.  

I think the defect was your brain for buying a U2 album.

The only defect belongs to the pressing plant that pressed that shit.

ignore these guys.  Like what you like and enjoy it.  Cant see there being any collectible/financial benefit in keeping the "defect".. if it doesnt compromise the audio (or damage your stylus) I dont see the need in returning it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, c'mon, dudes. I'm sure you guys have plenty of records this guy thinks are shit too. While I don't necessarily like U2, he's probably new to the whole record scene (somehow. at 45 years old.) and had a legit question.

I know you're all just poking fun, but of all the questions from noobs that I've seen lately, this is the least offensive to me for whatever reason, as he has been polite.

That said, new guy, use the search function. There are plenty of threads about this kind of thing already. If you'd typed in "label defect" you would have easily found them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, c'mon, dudes. I'm sure you guys have plenty of records this guy thinks are shit too. While I don't necessarily like U2, he's probably new to the whole record scene (somehow. at 45 years old.) and had a legit question.

I know you're all just poking fun, but of all the questions from noobs that I've seen lately, this is the least offensive to me for whatever reason, as he has been polite.

That said, new guy, use the search function. There are plenty of threads about this kind of thing already. If you'd typed in "label defect" you would have easily found them.

I agree, but whenever we get these questions from a noob there seems to be an underlying theme of "Is this super rare and am I rich?". I just picture them rubbing their hands together, Mr. Burns style. I guess my point is that if this record is jacked up, go and return it. You're not rich.

And I fuckin' hate Bono, but Joshua Tree was a pretty good album. Although I can never listen to it again because of my first point.

I agree, but whenever we get these questions from a noob there seems to be an underlying theme of "Is this super rare and am I rich?". I just picture them rubbing their hands together, Mr. Burns style. I guess my point is that if this record is jacked up, go and return it. You're not rich.

And I fuckin' hate Bono, but Joshua Tree was a pretty good album. Although I can never listen to it again because of my first point.

<3

I read today that Bono may never play guitar again because of his bike accident. I would personally like to thank the bike, the hole and anything else that may have caused this talentless bunch of shit from gaining any more popularity.

I just wonder what we need to do to have him stop sing/ preaching to the world.

and the Josua tree is one of the most horribly over rated albums of all time, it really is a pile of shit.

I read today that Bono may never play guitar again because of his bike accident. I would personally like to thank the bike, the hole and anything else that may have caused this talentless bunch of shit from gaining any more popularity.

I just wonder what we need to do to have him stop sing/ preaching to the world.

and the Josua tree is one of the most horribly over rated albums of all time, it really is a pile of shit.

Well that is unnecessary.

Why don't you just vent here if you really need to: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/70925-shit-on-bands-here/