I read this article on subscription services yesterday and actually came on here now to start a thread about it. It's like Netflix, but with records, I actually think it's pretty sweet. Not sure why you guys are hating on it so hard.

http://mic.com/articles/107634/there-s-now-a-netflix-for-people-who-listen-to-music-the-old-fashioned-way

I read this article on subscription services yesterday and actually came on here now to start a thread about it. It's like Netflix, but with records, I actually think it's pretty sweet. Not sure why you guys are hating on it so hard.

http://mic.com/articles/107634/there-s-now-a-netflix-for-people-who-listen-to-music-the-old-fashioned-way

Hahaha.

It's like Netflix if all I could do is say, "I'd like to watch something funny," and then some random jackass picked something they think is funny and sent me that to watch, rather than streaming exactly what I'm looking for.

Hahaha.

It's like Netflix if all I could do is say, "I'd like to watch something funny," and then some random jackass picked something they think is funny and sent me that to watch, rather than streaming exactly what I'm looking for.

I mean maybe, personally I'm open for learning about new music ya know. But it seems I'm the only one who feels that way so I'm just gonna stop talking...haha

I mean maybe, personally I'm open for learning about new music ya know. But it seems I'm the only one who feels that way so I'm just gonna stop talking...haha

I think the issue a lot of people are having with it are:

a) seems like you'd get a bunch of dollar bin records.

b)you don't get to keep the records you do like and

c) musical taste is so subjective that the "genres" they let you choose from seems like you'd get a bunch of garbage/random shit. (eg: dance party = James Brown?)

Until someone actually gets it and reports back I don't think I'd trust it (still won't be into it after someone does probably), but if it seems like something you'd be into, give it a go! If I'm going to test something out I'll just stream it, then buy the record if I'm into it.

There are going to be a lot of quality issues I'd guess too. Some people just don't know how to take care of records, and they're much more fragile than dvds.

I think the issue a lot of people are having with it are:

a) seems like you'd get a bunch of dollar bin records.

b)you don't get to keep the records you do like and

c) musical taste is so subjective that the "genres" they let you choose from seems like you'd get a bunch of garbage/random shit. (eg: dance party = James Brown?)

Until someone actually gets it and reports back I don't think I'd trust it (still won't be into it after someone does probably), but if it seems like something you'd be into, give it a go! If I'm going to test something out I'll just stream it, then buy the record if I'm into it.

There are going to be a lot of quality issues I'd guess too. Some people just don't know how to take care of records, and they're much more fragile than dvds.

When I read the article it sounded cool. But yeah definitely a good point with dance party = James Brown haha and taking care of the records will probably end up being a pretty big issue once they get passed around a few times. But yeah, I'm not going to be trying it out either haha I was just surprised at how hard it was getting ripped. But then again, that kickstarter page is pretty priceless haha

When I read the article it sounded cool. But yeah definitely a good point with dance party = James Brown haha and taking care of the records will probably end up being a pretty big issue once they get passed around a few times. But yeah, I'm not going to be trying it out either haha I was just surprised at how hard it was getting ripped. But then again, that kickstarter page is pretty priceless haha

Agreed! I know we disagree sometimes, but I like you, dude.