What if senfeld still on TV today? Jery subscribe to VNYL

I feel like it'd be a failed business idea of Kramer's (such as the homeless rickshaw).

JERY: So you charge people $24 to borrow $1 worth of records for a month?

KRAME: Yeeeeeeep

JERY: Then they send back the ones they don't want?

KRAME: You got that right. You know my friend Bob Sacamano? He just moved his mother to a home. Bunch of records, and no space for them. BIGGEST Englebert Humperdink fan there is. Dozens of copies of every album and I didn't have to spend a cent.

JERY: So your customers will send back all of them, and you'll have a constant supply of the same crummy records.

KRAME: Giddy up!

JERY: It's preposterous. It'll never work. And what are these vibes? Is that a hashtag? Do you even know what a hashtag is?

KRAME: It's for the kids Jerry. Put a pretty sticker on anything and hashtag a few Instagrams and kids go crazy for it.

ELAIN: Are you sure this is legal?

KRAME: ....well I guess I just assumed.

I feel like it'd be a failed business idea of Kramer's (such as the homeless rickshaw).

KRAME: You got that right. You know my friend Bob Sacamano? He just moved his mother to a home. Bunch of records, and no space for them. BIGGEST Englebert Humperdink fan there is. Dozens of copies of every album and I didn't have to spend a cent.

JERY: So your customers will send back all of them, and you'll have a constant supply of the same crummy records.

JERY: It's preposterous. It'll never work. And what are these vibes? Is that a hashtag? Do you even know what a hashtag is?

KRAME: It's for the kids Jerry. Put a pretty sticker on anything and hashtag a few Instagrams and kids go crazy for it.

WOW

This thread has renewed my hatred of humanity in a huge way. Kudos to those who blew this thing wide open, that's incredibly refreshing. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for someone to straight up ask Nick Alt for a response to the numerous articles, videos, comments, #badvibes that baldly out him as a shuckster. None of this 'it really hurts when someone doesn't enjoy what I sent them, but sometimes MAGIC happens.' No.

The next time someone says 'curated' I might slap them just as a knee-jerk reaction now

Wow, just wow!

Great Qs. I'll bite back

a. So far about 35 with signed contracts. Another 10 or 15 in the works. I don't plan on ever repeating an artist. Maybe in special cases but unlikely. 

b. Like a label with multiple releases going on, I have to start really early. Its all about staying 4 months ahead of release schedule and working with the best people in the industry so the inevitable delays are minimized. 

c. Thats a great question. Defective or damaged records we will replace. Unwanted records can be returned as long as everything is intact and in good condition. These are all limited runs so we would happily give them a loving home.

d. I can but I wont. Honestly, that is only because I really believe in the joy that comes from hearing music for the first time on your turntable. You might even know some of the bands from music blogs or being on the Hype Machine charts. These aren't bands that I found at my local high school talent show. Some are on labels. Some are unsigned. Some are in the middle of some major negotiations. Etc.

e. No, I absolutely do not. And I've been waiting for someone to ask because all the similarities are there. We both live in Los Angeles, we both started a vinyl project on Kickstarter (although Vinyl Moon was in the works 5 months before VYNL launched), we are similar ages (I think), and we both have ties to Venice, CA. (Except that I grew up there, he just opened a record store there) We actually changed the whole Vinyl Moon launch strategy after the VYNL sh*t hit the fan just so we could avoid any comparisons or correlations. (If there is a way to private message here then I can tell you a weird story actually)

Some people in this thread just seem to be on a misguided witch hunt... VYNL was a terrible idea from the start. While it's not particularly for me, Vinyl Moon is not a bad idea. Comps are always a great way to hear new artists.

Good luck keeping everything on time though! That is going to be no small task.

Some people in this thread just seem to be on a misguided witch hunt... VYNL was a terrible idea from the start. While it's not particularly for me, Vinyl Moon is not a bad idea. Comps are always a great way to hear new artists.

Good luck keeping everything on time though! That is going to be no small task.

Thanks Kurtz! I appreciate it. I can probably keep things on time if I don't keep getting distracted by this brilliant thread. A lot of things here that I just can't say myself at the moment, but great to see others are thinking it too