I don't know about that, but I do know it's better to file complaints with the State Attorney Generals of both the state in which you reside and of the business. Some AG's take consumer complaints more seriously than others, but guaranteed that if they make an inquiry, the business will definitely notice.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Scams

So maybe this is old news, but Urban Outfitters is doing this now too?  Check out these beat-to-shit, seam split "vintage vinyl" records they're selling.  Yours for only $12 each!

#bozscaggs #kennyloggins #loverboy #vibes #lazysaturday #urbanadventures

ebay has been doing this for awhile as well.

I got some new #vibes stocked for those of you who are interested. We hand curated these #vnyl records from a collector who wanted to be rid of his duplicates. Monthly membership still $24 (for a short while longer). 

11150492_10200836078020395_6915817639650

Hey 'unverified' Nick Alt, your photo doesn't work, because you're a FAKE!

Sincerely, the only real(er) Nick Alt.

And in other news there is this

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/getvnyl

Whoever made this petition doesn't understand how Kickstarter works. When you back anything you're basically an investor with 0 stake in a project that isn't guaranteed to come to fruition in any way.

I'd actually be a little annoyed if these backers got their pledges refunded (which would never happen anyways), they need to learn that their poor choices have consequences.

Whoever made this petition doesn't understand how Kickstarter works. When you back anything you're basically an investor with 0 stake in a project that isn't guaranteed to come to fruition in any way.

I'd actually be a little annoyed if these backers got their pledges refunded (which would never happen anyways), they need to learn that their poor choices have consequences.

Fair point and I totally agree but I think it interesting that someone feels the need to try this and all the other expression of dissatisfaction avenues that have been tried because it seems any response from VNYL is pretty much non existent.

Signing up for this sort of thing is a mentality that seems to ignore the buyer beware theory that I grew up with and the same mentality that drives to likes of ebay to protect the consumer to the detriment of all else, after all it does seem that with the dawn of the internet there are now quite a few more than one born every minute to exploit

Above all that nice Mr Alt has all these people's money and there is next to cock all they can do about it apart from things like this petition whilst playing their $ bin records even when what they signed up for bears only basic resemblance to what they are getting.

Above all that nice Mr Alt has all these people's money and there is next to cock all they can do about it apart from things like this petition whilst playing their $ bin records even when what they signed up for bears only basic resemblance to what they are getting.

There’s a sucker born every minute.

VNYL won't exist in a couples months and this dude will walk into the sunset with a shit load of cash he didn't earn and legally doesn't have to give back. Maybe he'll magically acquire a Jiminy Cricket like conscience and make things right with his "customers" but to what avail? So people on the Internet stop talking shit about him? Lol. A modern day snake oil salesmen! A true journeyman of the swindler craft! He'll eventually get some cushy job in marketing or something, a golf club membership, a coke habit. He'll die at the ripe old age of 45 from a stroke and will be survived by his plastic surgery savaged wife Becky and two horrible sons Trenton and Nick Jr. One will eventually be on the news because he lead an OU style racist chant on a bus with his fraternity brothers.

The end.

(We should Kickstart this story as a movie!)

I agree this petition is likely to have the practical effect of a fart but if inverstors were actually defrauded, they would have a legal claim for damages.