and now they even made it into a Forbes article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/06/09/three-startups-cashing-in-on-vinyl-resurgence/

it's funny though how all the.. controversy about it is pretty much ignored completely by the author.

Nick Alt sent him a free copy of Deja so he'll keep his filthy journalist mouth shut.

Looking forward to all the future videos about lots of awesome tech stuff!

When I think cutting edge technology, I think Peter Frampton records.

Let's just say this guy isn't lying and really DID research VNYL, and still subscribed, is that a person with an opinion you'd trust? Plus he's wearing a beanie in June, implying he's disoriented and detached from sanity. Another example; he says they don't have a lot of money, yet they thought it was a good idea to start a tech vlog. That's like being deaf and posting music reviews.

When I think cutting edge technology, I think Peter Frampton records.

Let's just say this guy isn't lying and really DID research VNYL, and still subscribed, is that a person with an opinion you'd trust? Plus he's wearing a beanie in June, implying he's disoriented and detached from sanity. Another example; he says they don't have a lot of money, yet they thought it was a good idea to start a tech vlog. That's like being deaf and posting music reviews.

Lots of unboxers and reviewers get stuff sent to them free and maybe he is trying to get in on that. But who says "I heard this was complete shit so I'm going to sign up and see if its true." I tend to do the opposite usually and so do vlogers.

Dude also tried to spam my video with comments all saying "hey this isn't a scam look at how awesome of stuff I got [insert his video link]"

What a douche, can you block people on YouTube from accessing your channel?

But who says "I heard this was complete shit so I'm going to sign up and see if its true." I tend to do the opposite usually and so do vlogers.

Kind of the point of doing them in the first place right, so people don't blow their money on something crappy? "I've read several posts implying that nailing your nipples to 2x4s isn't a fun experience, but here we are on location at Lowe's..."

and now they even made it into a Forbes article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/06/09/three-startups-cashing-in-on-vinyl-resurgence/

it's funny though how all the.. controversy about it is pretty much ignored completely by the author.

I would agree with the title. "Cashing In" is most certainly what these people are doing.

What a douche, can you block people on YouTube from accessing your channel?

Kind of the point of doing them in the first place right, so people don't blow their money on something crappy? "I've read several posts implying that nailing your nipples to 2x4s isn't a fun experience, but here we are on location at Lowe's..."

You can't block from viewing or upvote/downvotes but you can block comments. The comment actually didn't even post because it showed up under spam/pending so I reported it.

This doesn't pertain to VNYL directly, but it's regarding the Feds stepping in regarding a failed Kickstarter.  Interesting that some ramifications are happening when things aren't fulfilled.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/06/feds-take-first-action-against-a-failed-kickstarter-with-112k-judgment/

i wish the feds cared about RJ. pretty sure he ran off with more than that....

This clown honestly wrote this after the Stereogum/outrage? Not one for research I suppose.

"VNYL

Originally called something of a “Netflix NFLX -0.93% for vinyl” (as it’s being called), VNYL listens to its already-devoted fanbase to build a library, as opposed to only choosing what those at the company feel are the best albums out there. Subscribers are sent three items at a time, all of which were hand-picked by those at the company, and which represent all genres and different kinds of talent. This is a great way to hear all the music you want on the best format for listening.

This clown honestly wrote this after the Stereogum/outrage? Not one for research I suppose.

"VNYL

Originally called something of a “Netflix NFLX -0.93% for vinyl” (as it’s being called), VNYL ...

THAT part made me cringe... originally called...(as it's being called)...wtf? Are they outsourcing to 6th graders?

Invite only = exclusive, better act now, fake time crunch

That Forbes article is garbage and is filled with generic sentences and phrases that mean nothing. "A great way to listen to all the music you want on the best format available when you want it most for the best price just like your momma used to make in the nick of time every time you need it."