On 5/25/2015 at 12:29 AM, just a normal guy kevin said:

Hey guys and gals!

I just started my own hand-procured vinyl box service.  Check it out here!

Or click on my 'sig' below.

Or watch my #video that explains the whole #service in more #detail.

https://vimeo.com/128764314

#letsgettangible

#feelings

Man. I vaguely remember this parody video and I'm hoping someone out there saved it.

• 2 months later...

I actually really like VNYL.  Since I've singed up, I've gotten a bunch of exclusive variants that I really wanted and there has only been one month that I didn't like anything and had them curate a release for me and they didn't do too bad.  This month, I also wasn't feeling any of the #vibes, so they're going to curate for me again and we'll see how that goes.

November - Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness - Upside Down Flowers | Swimming Pool Blue Exclusive

December - (Curated) - Well Wisher - This Is Fine

January - Taking Back Sunday - Happiness Is | Yellow w/ Red Splatter Exclusive

February - Emarosa - Peach Club | Cloudy Peach Pink Exclusive

March - Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue Acoustic | Yellow w/ Blue Spatter Exclusive

April - (Curated) - 

18 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

I actually really like VNYL.  Since I've singed up, I've gotten a bunch of exclusive variants that I really wanted and there has only been one month that I didn't like anything and had them curate a release for me and they didn't do too bad.  This month, I also wasn't feeling any of the #vibes, so they're going to curate for me again and we'll see how that goes.

November - Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness - Upside Down Flowers | Swimming Pool Blue Exclusive

December - (Curated) - Well Wisher - This Is Fine

January - Taking Back Sunday - Happiness Is | Yellow w/ Red Splatter Exclusive

February - Emarosa - Peach Club | Cloudy Peach Pink Exclusive

March - Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue Acoustic | Yellow w/ Blue Spatter Exclusive

April - (Curated) - 

The AMITW one turned out really nice. I was able to get a leftover copy from rcrdstr.com.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:58 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

VNYL got a new location/ face/ owner:

https://blackboxrecordclub.com/subscription-plans

BLCKBX

couldn't help but succumb to the urge to watch the "user feedback" youtube vids on their homepage. This shit is heftier than what VNYL pulled off... the lady from the first clip is pretending to lose it over a colored record: "Are you kidding me? It is a blue record. I literally have no words." 

Then again, if I think about it it's just Relapse's basic recent sales strategy in a nutshell.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, poweredbytrust said:

couldn't help but succumb to the urge to watch the "user feedback" youtube vids on their homepage. This shit is heftier than what VNYL pulled off... the lady from the first clip is pretending to lose it over a colored record: "Are you kidding me? It is a blue record. I literally have no words." 

Then again, if I think about it it's just Relapse's basic recent sales strategy in a nutshell.

Oh man, pretty damn funny.  Where do they find these people?

• 6 months later...

New level of fuckery?

http://5gishere.co

All 200 of Discogs' most wanted of the 2010s on vinyl for $5000. $25/record at that price. Except that among the 200 records are some that have never been pressed like Channel Orange and Yeezus, and others like Blond which go for $500+.  So curious to see how this goes down in flames....

https://blog.discogs.com/en/the-200-best-albums-of-the-2010s/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=discogs&utm_campaign=Best_200_Decade_2019_10_25

Damn, that list is some hot dogshit. Entry-Level Cool Dad Music 4 Babies!

Trying to imagine the kind of person who

1. Has $5k in disposable income
  2. Wants to own a majority of these albums on vinyl
  3. Doesn't already own the ones they like the most

All I can come up with is... tech bros? Trust fund kids who are extremely late to the vinyl trend?

Also LMAO x infinity at this inclusion:

mlq79Ct.png

Is it PayPal? Someone should buy it and anticipate getting a refund no matter what if that's the case. It's not possible for them to do this without putting a few illegal boots in there. I'd say just a boot of Blond instead of the real thing is means for a refund according to PayPal terms.

Discogs themselves appear to be a partner in this so I’d be shocked if any boots are involved given their attitude towards them in the marketplace.

I think whatever they actually end up doing to address the out of print titles is going to be so stupid that none of us has even thought of it yet. 

1 hour ago, AlexH. said:

Damn, that list is some hot dogshit. Entry-Level Cool Dad Music 4 Babies!

Trying to imagine the kind of person who

1. Has $5k in disposable income
  2. Wants to own a majority of these albums on vinyl
  3. Doesn't already own the ones they like the most

All I can come up with is... tech bros? Trust fund kids who are extremely late to the vinyl trend?

Also LMAO x infinity at this inclusion:

mlq79Ct.png

I got that for £10 in HMV ages ago!