Ah, I see. So I am crazy!

I think there is still a market for this for the next 6 - 12 months, but y'all are right. $12 for the records they show is a pretty bad deal. 

Not for nothing, but that James Brown record new is $25-$30+ just about anywhere you look. $12 for a used copy (if in decent condition) isn't a terrible deal.

The other two shown can easily be picked up cheaper.

With that being said, in order for these folks to have a supply of records to ship out this way, they had to buy a bunch of cheaper collections full of thift store throwaways that they'll be using for this service. I think it'd be few and far between before you got a recongnizable record or artist in most shipments.

Not for nothing, but that James Brown record new is $25-$30+ just about anywhere you look. $12 for a used copy (if in decent condition) isn't a terrible deal.

The other two shown can easily be picked up cheaper.

With that being said, in order for these folks to have a supply of records to ship out this way, they had to buy a bunch of cheaper collections full of thift store throwaways that they'll be using for this service. I think it'd be few and far between before you got a recongnizable record or artist in most shipments.

Everyone keeps saying "$12 for whatever record isn't bad..." etc. but you guys keep disregarding that you're only borrowing these records. I would assume if you keep it, you'll have to pay a fee similar to if you lost a Netflix disc or kept your Blockbuster/Redbox/whatever rental.

I would also hazard a guess that these fees are high enough to at least replace the record, and the one you get in will probably have been alllll sorts of fucked up by the other people who rented the record before you.

I've repeated this ad nauseum at this point, so I won't say it again, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Everyone keeps saying "$12 for whatever record isn't bad..." etc. but you guys keep disregarding that you're only borrowing these records. I would assume if you keep it, you'll have to pay a fee similar to if you lost a Netflix disc or kept your Blockbuster/Redbox/whatever rental.

I would also hazard a guess that these fees are high enough to at least replace the record, and the one you get in will probably have been alllll sorts of fucked up by the other people who rented the record before you.

I've repeated this ad nauseum at this point, so I won't say it again, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Borrowing with the option to buy. The kickstarter states you can keep the records you want each month "for as low as $12" and send back the rest.

But it's potentially still a copy that's been to hell in back in folk's homes and the USPS.

Isn't it $12 a record though, so if you keep 2 of the 3 at a time that can start to add up, and like someone said what if there is damage in transit while sending back. We are talking about a user base that, on top, of not knowing how to handle records VNYL expects them to package them for shipment back. 

VYNL should learn from Enjoy The Ride & their "randomly inserted variants" & slip in a few insane albums like Déjà randomly that people can still keep for $12. Think of how many people would sign up just for the chance to hit the lotto?

Could you do the same thing as Enjoy the Ride and just PM VYNL and buy a copy of Deja for too much money?