Tom Petty Wildflowers 180 Gram?

3 hours ago, highfives said:

Not sure who vinlymnky is but they've got it cheap(er).  Looks like the 9LP is already sold out there.

https://www.vinylmnky.com/products/tom-petty-wildflowers?variant=32533521596495

Edit:  looks like they're a subscription service.

Bullmoose winds up being .02 cheaper 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Man. This set is how its done. Great package. Cut is great. Vinyl is perfect. 

If you are considering this, go get it now. 

Completely agree. 3 LPs, great packaging, it sounds killer, and it’s Wildflowers. 180 gram or not, this is an awesome reissue and $40 is more than reasonable. I can’t believe anyone is complaining about this even a little bit. 

Edited by derek123

23 hours ago, derek123 said:

Completely agree. 3 LPs, great packaging, it sounds killer, and it’s Wildflowers. 180 gram or not, this is an awesome reissue and $40 is more than reasonable. I can’t believe anyone is complaining about this even a little bit. 

For real. The new Springsteen and Japandroids live LP are each $35 and they’re only 2 LPs. Complaining about the price point on this triple LP is absurd.

4 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

After listening to the high quality of Wildflowers (and only Wildflowers, none of the "Rest), I retract my previous statement. This is a $29.99 set, tops. 

You're getting a double LP, cut all-analog, of an album that routinely went for $200+ for decades. (And that original press was cut from 44.1 kHz files.) 

You're also getting an extra LP of unreleased songs, also cut all-analog.
And you're paying slightly more than the cut-from-digital 2LP release that's now standard for every single major artist. (Even the ones who could EASILY afford to go AAA.)

But yeah, you do you.

1 hour ago, filthyrich said:

You're getting a double LP, cut all-analog, of an album that routinely went for $200+ for decades. (And that original press was cut from 44.1 kHz files.) 

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:23

You're also getting an extra LP of unreleased songs, also cut all-analog.
And you're paying slightly more than the cut-from-digital 2LP release that's now standard for every single major artist. (Even the ones who could EASILY afford to go AAA.)

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:21

But yeah, you do you.

37 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah, $40 for an audiophile 3 LP pressing is pretty reasonable IMO. 

But if you aren't feeling the album, then I could see how its a ripoff.

Universal Pictures UK

I'm just joking guys. Take a breath. It's kind of akin to the exact origins of my stupid username. Actually, @filthyrich, your argument is very close to exactly my argument on the origin of my name. My first post was kind of taking the piss. 

tl;dr - this release is great.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:25 PM, chuckeroo2 said:

I preordered from Amazon 4 weeks ago and it says still awaiting shipping date, anyone else still waiting on Amazon to ship?

I'm with ya, ordered mine Aug 24, still no word...They were in stock when I ordered, ran out at the beginning of this month (except for third party sellers).  Not sure where all those copies are.