PO: Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (3/31/15)

Got mine in today from amazon, on black. It had really bad scuffing for a new record but played with only a few pops and a little scratchy type sound near the end of Fourth Of July so I don't think its worth the hassle to return. Probably a fairly common issue but its just much more noticeable on a record like this.

Got mine in today from amazon, on black. It had really bad scuffing for a new record but played with only a few pops and a little scratchy type sound near the end of Fourth Of July so I don't think its worth the hassle to return. Probably a fairly common issue but its just much more noticeable on a record like this.

No such thing as hassle return to Amazon!  Just email their customer service if it's defective.  They probably won't even ask you to return the old one.  

No such thing as hassle return to Amazon!  Just email their customer service if it's defective.  They probably won't even ask you to return the old one.  

Thats true! I'll give it a deeper clean and give it another listen tomorrow. If it still has a lot of surface noise I'll give that a go.

I was out of town today for work and checked out a record shop there, and I picked up a copy on the new release rack.... then I noticed behind it was one marked clear, so I grabbed that instead.   I can't believe how cheap this album is being sold for since it's $6-10 less than the average single lp set.