PO: Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (3/31/15)

I asked if they were canceling my order, even though I didn't request a refund.

I am. I don't know when we can get this out to you unfortunately. We are on a big delay here.

It feels a bit dismissive to cancel a customer's order in place of actually resolving their issue.  I still don't know why my order wasn't sent at the end of May with everyone else who pre-ordered and why the only responses to my messages were "We're busy" and "I canceled your order".  

There was no "Sorry, dude.  Some of our pre-orders got oversold and we accidentally fulfilled non-pre-orders before we got back to those orders.  I checked, and your order was one of those."  No explanation other than a general "We're behind/busy" and a cancelation.  I'm curious to know if other pre-orders were also canceled or if my order was canceled and refunded so I'd stop messaging them.  Either way, I can't see myself ordering from AK again.

I emailed AK back and said I was bummed and would have much preferred to have waited for copies to be available instead of had my order canceled completely.

Then I got these two emails:

We'll get the records out to you free of charge. It just may be a while. Thanks.

Actually, it looks like this is past the time period where we could have refunded it anyway! We will definitely get this out to you. Thanks.

So, I think I'm back to where I was originally?  Waiting an indefinite amount of time for fulfillment...but with maybe a little clearer idea that it will take quite a while?  I do love the temporary offer of getting the records comp'd tho. :P

I have a clear and I am debating selling it. But I haven't yet decided. If I do, I'll post here and make a very reasonable price.

To be honest, I think this album is beautiful and well-written, but fuck, I just feel like I never want to listen to it. Maybe it's just too sombre for me. I do like some sad-sack music, but I think part of my issue with this album is that it carries more or less the same tone through the entire thing. Whereas his previous albums had diverse instrumentation, mood, and dynamics, I think this one kind of all sounds the same. I'm probably in the serious minority here in thinking so. And all of which to say, I have to see in the next few weeks if I have any desire to listen to the album again. If not, I may well sell it.

I have a clear and I am debating selling it. But I haven't yet decided. If I do, I'll post here and make a very reasonable price.

To be honest, I think this album is beautiful and well-written, but fuck, I just feel like I never want to listen to it. Maybe it's just too sombre for me. I do like some sad-sack music, but I think part of my issue with this album is that it carries more or less the same tone through the entire thing. Whereas his previous albums had diverse instrumentation, mood, and dynamics, I think this one kind of all sounds the same. I'm probably in the serious minority here in thinking so. And all of which to say, I have to see in the next few weeks if I have any desire to listen to the album again. If not, I may well sell it.

I am in 100% agreement with you here. This is some sad fucking music (which is fine), but the whole album is basically one huge theme, with little variation. It is beautiful and well done, but I doubt I'll listen to this very often.

I was at Columbus and Indy. Long gone in Columbus so I went an hour before showtime in Indy and there was already a short line. And yes everyone went right to the merch table and got one. Only a few minutes and they were gone. You got to pick which color you want. I got the red white and blue. The guy told me I was getting one of the last ones. Not sure if he meant for that night or for the tour. But I think most people were picking that one. 

You must get there super early to get one of those singles. Then you get to stand around for 2 hours drinking over priced beer before he plays! 

Was at the K.C. Show tonight. 3 takeaways.

1) doors at 7. Got in line at 6:30. I was about 20th in line, and when doors open it was a rush to the mercy table. Was about 10th in line. Got a red/white/blue copy. So get there early!

2) came back to the merch table later after things died down, and overheard a few conversations between the seller and buyers. In reply to he about 30 people that came up to ask about the 7"..."It's been selling out in 10-15 minutes each night."

3) Someone asked if they would be pressing any later for the website. The worker said "I have no idea. All I know is they are pressing a new color variation for the Euro tour dates." Given there only few dates, I'm guessing that it will be super limited, but the guy didn't specify.

4) for those bummed about only music at the table, a person asked about a shirt and the guy said sufjan just didn't like any of the designs that were mocked up. However, he said sufjan approached him today and asked him which color he liked best of a shirt that he finally approved. He said it will most likely be available at some point later in the tour. He aso said it probably be put out in the online store as well. No mention of posters.

Now, other than my own experience nabbing a 7", it was all word of mouth from the merch worker, so don't kill the messenger if nothing happens, but he seemed pretty consistent in his answers.

Have other shows on this tour been seated? Just asking since the Dublin show is, which I was surprised by.

I think the majority of these shows are seated. I'm seeing him at the Fox in Oakland which normally is GA on the lower level with seats in the balcony - he has it set up with seats on the floor, too, which I have never seen there.